Caprica - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Default Caprica

Hello guys and girls Well, tonight at nine PM, UK time, Caprica is launched on Sky One. I personally am looking forwards to it, and want to see more Battlestar's make a appearance, though as far as I know that is not going to happen...At least not yet. I, as a fan of Galactica, have been looking forwards to this since I heard of it a few months ago. I would however, have preffered if they had made a series set during the First Cylon War, around a young Adama.

Or, around a completly different Battlestar and characters. So is anyone else looking forward to this? Have any of you already seen this? I do look forward to seeing the first Cylon 'Oldstyle' Centurion, if we even do.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 08:32 PM

FORTHELION's Flag is: Ireland

ill be watching it da
looking forward to it
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 10:37 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Sitting here half way throught the second episode. Not what I was expecting, but good none the less. It's set 57 years before the fall of Caprica. Looks like there could be another series later on, based on the Cylon wars with that big a gap in the time scale.

Saw the first proto-cylon already, by the way.

EDIT: After the first two episodes I can report that this lives up to the family name. Series link it if you can! It explains how the cylons got their idea of God very nicely, and we meet a young Adama alright, but a bit too young to go to war just yet. Thumbs up from me.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 02-02-10 at 11:02 PM.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-10, 11:13 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

bugger it, didnt even know it was starting, damm need to catch the repeat on sky 2 then

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-10, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

I enjoyed it. I think the graphics are more "Cartoon" than Galactica though, which kinda annoyed me however, I have high hopes for this. The Cylon was awesome, how it transformed from barely being able to use the Paintball Gun to going full auto was badass in my opinion Looking forward to the next episode now.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-10, 01:49 PM
Mad Mek

Churlton's Flag is: England

Yes, as a prequel; I'm going to enjoy this.

The pilot was good, a foundation to all that happend in BSG 75. Charting the fall of the human civilisation into race fractionation, hedonism and religious extremism.
The breakthrough of technology and developing military superiority, with corporate, criminal and political shenanigans thrown in.
Hhhmm ... any parallels here?

It has "human" characters, and all their flaws, I like the directing; and the acting & effects are good.

This will develop nicely.

"No plan survives contact with the enemy" ......... "Aint that the truth!"
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-10, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Well, the third episode just started and so far its great. Spoilers below-

'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-10, 01:51 AM

Shacklock's Flag is: England

Its very slow like SGU but worth watchin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-10, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Very worth watching. A question for your guys- Can anyone name the actor who potrayed the comedian in the last episode and was making jokes about the Maglev Explosion?

'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode