Spartacus Blood and Sand - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
bobss's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 2,622
Reputation: 8


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
because not all men are so pathetic as to be amused by sex and blood, unless your a 13yr old boy with a face like an ordnance survey map, some of us want a story and a plot, not having it replaced by tits, pussy and over the top blood that would make martial arts movies seem more serious.

1 actor does not a show make, what is the point in having 1 good actor in a crowd of shit, its like a polished turd in the middle of a pile of turds, you don't praise the polished turd and believe it brings everything into the balance, you say what it is, a turd.
Heh, for once Im with Stella, here. Though John Hannah is a rather skilled actor, his talent is degraded by the dreadful if not vile supporting cast. Suprisingly, lesbians cavorting within an orgy fifteen minutes into every episode, sodomy, outright slaughter and more profanities than the local Chav can possibly hope to spew out, don`t make me squeel in joy.

Maybe its not for me? Either way, I find it to be loathsome garbage. (Check out Charlie Brooker`s Review, its moderately funny and paints the truth)
bobss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Zenith_of_Mind's Avatar
Zenith_of_Mind's Flag is: Croatia
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
because not all men are so pathetic as to be amused by sex and blood, unless your a 13yr old boy with a face like an ordnance survey map, some of us want a story and a plot, not having it replaced by tits, pussy and over the top blood that would make martial arts movies seem more serious.
Hah, that made me laugh! I see where are you going with the argument "there is no plot etc." but I simply laugh off such puny attempts of degrading the show. Spartacus is what it is - a bloody, almost mindless action filled series which focuses on gladiatorial combat. You sound like thousands of other losers/complainers who always find some kind of flaw in everything. If you want to see some drama or romantic comedy, because you deem Spartacus unworthy of your attention based on the things you have mentioned, please do so, instead of trying to act all smart here, when you don't know what you are talking about.


Quote:
1 actor does not a show make, what is the point in having 1 good actor in a crowd of shit, its like a polished turd in the middle of a pile of turds, you don't praise the polished turd and believe it brings everything into the balance, you say what it is, a turd.
You think that Spartacus is only for 13yr old losers, but on the other hand you write like one yourself. Are you sure you don't want to continue watching the show, maybe you will find it is for you after all?
Zenith_of_Mind is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
 
Jezlad's Avatar
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex
Posts: 9,419
Reputation: 26


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
because not all men are so pathetic as to be amused by sex and blood, unless your a 13yr old boy with a face like an ordnance survey map, some of us want a story and a plot, not having it replaced by tits, pussy and over the top blood that would make martial arts movies seem more serious.

1 actor does not a show make, what is the point in having 1 good actor in a crowd of shit, its like a polished turd in the middle of a pile of turds, you don't praise the polished turd and believe it brings everything into the balance, you say what it is, a turd.
There's several good actors in the show, the dialogue is almost shakesperian. Its the script that blows, not the actors.

Watch Crixis in 30 days of Night and tell me he's a shit actor. The guy fucking rocks, Lucy Lawless is awesome, as is her ditzy blonde mate. Now that girl can act.

The only suspect actor imo is Spartacus himself, he's probably a good actor, just poorly cast.
Jezlad is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 12:35 PM
blahblahblahblah
 
Stella Cadente's Avatar
Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: blahblahblahblah
Posts: 6,749
Reputation: 10


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith_of_Mind View Post
Hah, that made me laugh! I see where are you going with the argument "there is no plot etc." but I simply laugh off such puny attempts of degrading the show. Spartacus is what it is - a bloody, almost mindless action filled series which focuses on gladiatorial combat. You sound like thousands of other losers/complainers who always find some kind of flaw in everything. If you want to see some drama or romantic comedy, because you deem Spartacus unworthy of your attention based on the things you have mentioned, please do so, instead of trying to act all smart here, when you don't know what you are talking about.




You think that Spartacus is only for 13yr old losers, but on the other hand you write like one yourself. Are you sure you don't want to continue watching the show, maybe you will find it is for you after all?
I don't think I'll waste my time thank you very much, your starting to argue like its target audience now and I can see how the mindless tits ass pussy and blood appeals to you, because it requires no use of the mind.

Stella Cadente is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Zenith_of_Mind's Avatar
Zenith_of_Mind's Flag is: Croatia
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 106
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
your starting to argue like its target audience now
Well, yeah, I'm part of the target audience. You know, real man.

Quote:
I can see how the mindless tits ass pussy and blood appeals to you, because it requires no use of the mind.
If you don't like mindless blood, what the hell are you doing on a Warhammer forum?
Zenith_of_Mind is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-04-10, 12:26 PM
Porn King!!!
 
The Wraithlord's Avatar
The Wraithlord's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,215
Reputation: 5


Default

Stella, Zenith, enough already.

Stella you obviously don't like the show so why the hell are you here in this thread still? You gave your opinion and I respect your choices but the rest is not needed. As it is you walk a thin line on these forums with regard to trolling and I for one am getting very, very tired of it. So once again, enough.

Zenith, you like the show and he doesn't, deal with it. I have no desire to see a thread about a show that I think is fairly cool degenerate into a flame war. Ignore the pointless jabs and move one.

You are both warned.

As for the show itself, I like it. While nowhere near on the level of Rome it is still a fairly cool portrayal of a gladiators life. And for those who haven't seen it up to the end of the season it does keep getting better. My only complaint with it is the blood as it looks just far too fake, splashing out by the gallons at the slightest cut. I can live with it however.

one thing I want is the ability to split my fire everywhere, it makes no sense that a squad of 10 guard or marines or whatever all have to fire at 1 target with everything, is the guy with the lascannon not smart enough to realize maybe he would be better off firing at the massive tank looming overhead instead of the little man no bigger than a squat running at him, or is that far too complex for the 10yr olds?

My Thousand Sons Project Log
My Warriors of Chaos Project Log
My Cryx Project Log
My Necron Project Log

Last edited by The Wraithlord; 06-04-10 at 12:29 PM.
The Wraithlord is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 03:48 AM
Senior Member
 
TRU3 CHAOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 287
Reputation: 1
Default

Hey guys,

Just loved that show actually. But I must confess, the show almost lost me during the first four episodes. Seemed a bit to slow motion like like 300. But the show got better fast. I'd rate it a 8.5 out of 10.

News:

The actor who played sparticus was originally going to start making the second season next year, however he got cancer. So they postponed the season to make a prequel. So a prequel is said to come out next year. It will be on the house of Batiatis before he actually becomes owner of the gladiator facility. Most current news is kind of sad though. It seems that after the actor playing sparticus got his surgery he got cancer again. So unfortunately he will not be playing sparticus the second season. Its kind of sad really.
TRU3 CHAOS is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 05:39 PM
Craw-Daddy
 
ckcrawford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,419
Reputation: 29


Default

I just bought the first season after watching it on yidio. For some reason they deleted all their shows. You have purchase them now in order to watch.
ckcrawford is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
 
Jezlad's Avatar
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex
Posts: 9,419
Reputation: 26


Default

Quote:
The actor who played sparticus was originally going to start making the second season next year, however he got cancer. So they postponed the season to make a prequel. So a prequel is said to come out next year. It will be on the house of Batiatis before he actually becomes owner of the gladiator facility. Most current news is kind of sad though. It seems that after the actor playing sparticus got his surgery he got cancer again. So unfortunately he will not be playing sparticus the second season. Its kind of sad really.
They're recruiting back ground artists for the second series now.

I applied but I'm not in New Zealand so I doubt I'll get it!

If you are though give it a shot, good money and you get to dress up.

http://www.kamtalent.com/kamnews.aspx?id=25162
Jezlad is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-20-10, 09:39 AM
ROT
Senior Member
 
ROT's Avatar
ROT's Flag is: Djibouti
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.
Posts: 2,374
Reputation: 1


Default

Ahwell Jez, Sorry to hear you can't make it.

But it's not like you'll have to 'Settle' for a Zombie movie. Cause It wouldn't be settling! Zombie movies are awesome.

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
ROT is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome