Spartacus Blood and Sand - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 10:21 AM

Zenith_of_Mind's Flag is: Croatia

I have entirely overlooked this topic. Spartacus:Blood and Sand is one of the best TV shows I have seen in my entire life, and it might only get better with the next season. Due to Whitfield's cancer, we will have to wait for a while, but Starz announced that they will be making a 6-episode prequel to the series, to fill in the gap while we wait for the Season 2. I hope it will be about specific characters and the past events that led them to Batiatus' Ludus, especially if the characters are Crixus and Doctore. Can't wait. In the meantime I'll be rewatching Season 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 10:43 AM

Epatus's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think it is now out on "Bravo". The disclaimer at the beginning is class, essentially: "There is loads of tits and violence, this is meant to represent ancient rome, so don't bother complaining"

You could make a really good drinking game out of it... drink for every tit on screen. Don't go for spirits though, the orgy scene will see you in hospital.

Tactica: Space Marine Bike Armies
SCRATCH BUILT TAU MANTA (WIP)
Adeptus Mechanicus Army (WIP)
I have a rendezvous with Death, At some disputed barricade...
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 11:00 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

well I saw the first episode (had to wait till the repeat since advertising it was too difficult for people) and the first episode is a steaming pile of crap in my opinion, the amount of swearing gets ridiculous after about 5 minutes, I couldn't give a shit about all the nudity since I'm not a sad lonely pervert ALL the time, the blood was just pathetic, the acting was shit, the dialog was shit, and the only good bit throughout was the very final arena scene.

I'm not looking forward to watching the second episode really, I just can't be bothered since the 1st was so bad.

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 06:45 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Saw it last night as well, and i mostly agree with Stella.

Acting was shit, swearing rediculous, terrible dialogue and pointless nudity.

The only disagreement i have is that i found it massively enjoyable. Almost the definition of guilty pleasure viewing.

I've herad it gets better as it goes along so i'll be keeping an eye out for teh rest.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 07:18 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ive seen the first two episodes, its pretty good although I feel the nudity is a bit too much. Kinda shows that they want to grab your attention with it. The fights are quite good though, especially in the first episode when Spartacus jams his blade in the gladiators jaw, even if the blood is sometimes a bit much as well.

I prefer Legend of the Seeker for my fantasy TV fix but Spartacus is still good, I look forward to the next episode. Plus Craig Parker and his awesome accent are in it, so thats a plus in my book.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 08:26 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

I watched the first and second episodes. It has a very 300 like vibe to it, although I believe 300 is truly superior to this. It isn't the greatest of shows, I just can't imagine the Romans and their fellows saying things like fuck for some reason. On the other hand however it isn't the worst. I find the sex is overdone, for example within the first two minutes of the second episode someone is already getting laid....The way I see it is: Sex -> Violence -> Sex -> Violence -> Character building -> Sex -> Violence -> Sex -> Violence -> End credits. I will stick to Sons of Anarchy I think!.....

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 09:10 PM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
Character building
I though character building was just more sex?

post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 09:47 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Yeah ill give you that, but in the character building there is more....Well....You finish that

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 08:38 AM

Zenith_of_Mind's Flag is: Croatia

The first couple of episodes are more generic and ripe with sex and pointless swearing. Once Spartacus gets in the ludus and starts training, then the real action and plotting begins.

One thing I don't I don't understand is when people say that the show has too much sex and violence. I mean, If you're a man, how can you complain about that?

Also, one thing I simply can't overlook is this comment
Quote:
the acting was shit
Obviously, you made your false judgement without seeing John Hannah (Batiatus) act. His performance is the best by far in the show, and it's worthy all the praise its getting.

Well, I won't defend the show anymore, since I can't be bothered. If it's too violent, it has too much sex and swearing, go back to watching Twilight or whatever is popular these days, instead of bashing one of the few actual good shows we have left in our over politically correct world.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 09:29 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith_of_Mind View Post
If you're a man, how can you complain about that?
because not all men are so pathetic as to be amused by sex and blood, unless your a 13yr old boy with a face like an ordnance survey map, some of us want a story and a plot, not having it replaced by tits, pussy and over the top blood that would make martial arts movies seem more serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith_of_Mind View Post
Obviously, you made your false judgement without seeing John Hannah (Batiatus) act. His performance is the best by far in the show, and it's worthy all the praise its getting.
1 actor does not a show make, what is the point in having 1 good actor in a crowd of shit, its like a polished turd in the middle of a pile of turds, you don't praise the polished turd and believe it brings everything into the balance, you say what it is, a turd.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode