Ultramarines: The Movie - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Ultramarines: The Movie

What does everyone else think of this upcoming movie?

Personally i'd prefer a Blood Angels movie but Ultramarines are GWs first choice in all things, as long as Chaos appears though I will be content (Come on Night Lords). They have recently confirmed that Dan Abnett will be writing the script and Martyn Pick is directing the film, apparantely he was chosen for his ability to seamlessly blend animation and live-action into one film.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 11-19-09 at 10:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 10:43 AM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

I do like the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and [insert other Space Marine cliched chapters], but Ultramarines sum up the very essence of the Adeptus Astartes so I'm glad they're the focus of the film.
Blood Angels- Vampires, Space Wolves- Vikings/Werewolves...not exactly a great representation of the 40K background there for people who know very little about the rich fiction portrayed in 40K.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

I do like the Ultramarines, Uriel Ventris and Pasanius Lysane in particular, but I prefer the Imperial Fists and Blood Angels. Out of all the chapters i'd say Ultramarines, Imperial Fists or Black Templars are the best choices, maybe Blood Ravens.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-09, 08:57 PM

Freakytah's Flag is: USA

I just hope it's rated R. Too many good movies get ruined because of the quest for money and that PG-13 garbage. I'm definitely looking forward to it, I wonder if the XBox 360 game Space Marine will come out around the same time..yet another Ultramarines project.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-22-09, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakytah View Post
I just hope it's rated R. Too many good movies get ruined because of the quest for money and that PG-13 garbage. I'm definitely looking forward to it, I wonder if the XBox 360 game Space Marine will come out around the same time..yet another Ultramarines project.
Well they confirmed that the Space Marine game is being released April 2011.

And yeah, hopefully they make it as 40k should be and dont lower it for children standards.

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-22-09, 02:06 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakytah View Post
I just hope it's rated R.
That is not going to happen. With a straight to DVD release that's only going to be bought by their existing customer base, do you really think they'd cut out such a large segment of an already small (comparatively) market?

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-09, 07:00 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Id of prefered Guard to be honest. The audience can understand and feel for them a bit more than some other, slighty cooler, bulkier and blue stormtroopers. A film that represents the sheer horror of the millions of humans used to stop the Xenos races and Traitor scum and how there are thousands of tales of heroism in every day of fighting, yet these men die alone and forgotten, used as a living wall against the horrors, that lurk in the deep dark corners of the galaxy...
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-09, 07:18 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

it won't be R, more likely PG to be honest, so little johnny (who's mom controls allot of money in her wallet) can watch it

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-09, 08:28 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

You never know even if it is a PG it might be like the Lord of the Rings, look at what they got away with all because the majority of gruesome deaths weren't human and didnt use red blood.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-09, 11:14 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Ultra Marines? Do not want.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode