GI Joe curiosity - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

View Poll Results: How much do you like the movie?
YO, JOE! This movie is awsome 5 29.41%
Better than most, but not one of the best 5 29.41%
Eh, average 1 5.88%
Less than average, but not the worst 0 0%
Cobra wins, this movie is one of the worst ever. 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-20-09, 05:41 PM

PandaPaws's Flag is: United Kingdom

Haven't seen it yet, but it being aimed at a younger audience does make sense... if you're up for making money out of film merchandise! The average over 16 year old isn't likely to consider buying re-launched comics, action figures, wall posters and probably won't be swayed by a McKing Burger meal just for the free toy!

If the above is true, then it's a real shame that yet another franchise is ruined just for the sake of a few quick bucks on the back of a movie!

Exodite Eldar (5th Ed):W - 3. D - 3. L - 5.
Angelis Nocturnus (5th Ed):W - 9. D - 5. L - 11.
Tale of Four Gamers (UK)
Tale of Four Gamers (UK) Battle Reports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-09, 11:14 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

it exceeded my expectations, was pretty much set to be dissapointed after listening to the movies critics (when will i learn?) but i enjoyed it,some of it was very tounge in cheek and a bit cheesey,but all in all i enjoyed it, very fast paced and very action packed,plot was thin,but it was a movie based on a toy line aimed at pre teens.loved the storm shadow vs snake eyes moments, you can never get enough ninja into a movie in my opinion

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-09, 12:16 AM

Trevor Drake's Flag is: USA

I think it was great, and not as bad as I was led to believe.

Plus, there is nothing with a re-launch of the action figures and what not, know I bought myself a nice little set of my favorite childhood characters to pass onto my son one day.

Quote:
Trevor_Drake: If you invested $1,000 in Delta Airlines last year, you would have made $43. In AIG, you would have made $33. In Leihman Brothers you would have made $0. Spent that money on beer and recycled the empty cans, you would have made $214. I call it a 401-keg.
Trevor_Drake: Americans walk roughly 900 miles per year, and consume on average 22 gallons of beer a year, so the average american gets 41 miles to the gallon!

Grish: hahaha
Katie_Drake: XD
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-09, 10:18 PM

TattooedGreenMan's Flag is: USA

I liked it but it had issues. Mainly whenever there was any amount of action the cameraman started to have epileptic seisures. I hated that type of filming when I saw Blair Witch and still hate it. The fact that they made Brendan Frasure to be Sgt. Slaughter WTF??? He is an ok actor but please unless you knew who is was supposed to be you would have never known. This movie was titled the rise of Cobra yet the whole movie revolved around the rivalry between Snakeeyes and Shadow. They were minor caracters in the series and comic book why all of a sudden they are top billing? Duke was a whiny bitch and what were they thinking when they cast Hawk? All in all I did like it because it brought back nestolgia but other than that I should have waited for DVD.

Please level my Daemons I want them to grow up and be fierce.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-09, 02:07 AM

I recently saw this "film". I'm not a fan. All the time I was watching it I was thinking about team america, which is basically the same thing, only on purpose. Right down to destroying Paris.

Very silly stuff.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode