Chaser's War on Everything - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-09, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Brother Mathias's Flag is: Australia

Default Chaser's War on Everything

I have enjoyed the humorous, satirical T.V. show "The Chaser's War on Everything", and although they did make fun of a few things that should have been out of bounds, I believe that they made some pretty good points, although in a funny way.

They went out with a bang, and although they are apparently going to do something new later on, it's not quite the same without the boys of the Chaser doing stupid stunts and sketches. I just wanted to see what other people thought of them and their work, and possibly educade some of our Yank and Tommy and all other nationality heretics to the hilarity that is the Chaser.

Endless Genocide- In the name of the Emperor

--- Arnie damn well should be a Marine ---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-09, 08:06 AM

The Blackadder's Flag is: Australia

The Chasers were one of the most awesome satiere show in existence I was crushed when they cancelled it. This Kevin Rudds doing I tell you. Still awesome for laughs, my favourite stunts were the APEC entry and the Trojan Horse stunt.

Blackadder: They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head.

Vulkan: “How careless of you. Of course we have big guns. We're the Salamanders. We've got plenty of things that explode, burn, explode and burn, explode then burn, and stuff that shoots lots of small things that explode and burn” Lastie From the funniest fanfic ever
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-09, 09:36 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

It's not cancelled, the ABC just yoinked their budget for the year.
They should be back next year. When the memories and mock outrage for this year has faded.

I don't find most of their stuff funny - but the "make a realistic wish foundation" one was amusing.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-09, 01:09 PM
naturalbornloser's Flag is: United Kingdom

lol that shows great! We get it over here on BBC 4 but i don't think it has a great following here. My fav is the chap that go's around handing out the fake tickets for rubbish tats and silly kids names, proper crackes me up.

If ya go on You Tube and look for "Balls of Steel" you might like that show its kinda on the same level
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-09, 10:32 AM

While I would say that "Balls of Steel" is hilarious Chasers is more political (some times.) Still the Annoying devil is hilarious.

Blackadder: They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head.

Vulkan: “How careless of you. Of course we have big guns. We're the Salamanders. We've got plenty of things that explode, burn, explode and burn, explode then burn, and stuff that shoots lots of small things that explode and burn” Lastie From the funniest fanfic ever
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-09, 11:15 PM
naturalbornloser's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackadder View Post
While I would say that "Balls of Steel" is hilarious Chasers is more political (some times.) Still the Annoying devil is hilarious.

lol hope you managed to see the 1 where he is in the speed boat messing with the fishermen
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-09, 01:39 AM

Yeah it was great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode