Im sick of American TV shows getting axed! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-09, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Im sick of American TV shows getting axed!

One of my pleasures in life is sitting down with my wife and watching TV on an evening,But i am sick of American TV shows getting canned either mid season or at the end of a run but still with lots more to offer,the latest casualty (my name is earl)has pretty much made me decide to stop watching anything new that comes from the states.I never used to watch much TV because i thought british evening tv basicly sucked ass because of the wall to wall soaps and "reality tv" that has become popular.But sky and the choice of shows it offers gave me the chance to enjoy tv again.

Anyway i dont know how people in the states put up with the constant cancellation of great shows it must suck worse for you.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-09, 08:16 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

It does suck really bad when a really good show gets cancelled especially when some piece of crap show takes its place. "My name is Earl" was one of my favorites as well. I actually have stopped watching most evening television since there is nothing good on and my wife just likes to watch her soap operas in both english and spanish. Either way I can't stand them.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-09, 08:24 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Earl got cancelled?!?!? What the F^^k! where have I been?

I still also cant figure out wjether or not Metalocalypse will get a new season.... I sure hope so because all the other Adult Swim shows suck...
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-09, 07:50 AM

Benidem's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
I still also cant figure out wjether or not Metalocalypse will get a new season.... I sure hope so because all the other Adult Swim shows suck...
I'm right with ya need more MurderFace!

When in doubt, empty the magazine.

A Smith & Wesson beats four aces

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-09, 08:12 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I think they keep axing them mainly because Yank shows, are pretty crap to be honest, there not funny, and there not entertaining

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-09, 10:51 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I think they keep axing them mainly because Yank shows, are pretty crap to be honest, there not funny, and there not entertaining
Like many British shows that never seem to succeed in the US eh? Different strokes for different folks.

I've had a few that I enjoy cancel what seems like half way through. But if you can get more viewers when making a cheaper show, it's not suprising many are being axed. Reality TV, it's the new black! (And just as ugly)

Pondering...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-09, 12:28 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I agree I hope there accountant is not dead. Most of adult swims shows are awful although I do find the venture brothers good as well, still not sure if that is getting a new season. Do you know where we can watch adult swim shows on uk tv as Bravo stopped showing them, or are we stuck to the internet.

It is annoying when shows end but it has happened so often to me I get use to it.
Firefly was annoying it was canceled but it did not leave the plot that far open So I did not mind that much. I enjoyed the show the 4400 it was ok but I got really into it, then it was canceled after a massive end of the season cliff hanger. That pissed me off they had just done something massive which would have changed the many of the characters in the show and would open up so much more but no it was canceled.
Right now I am not watching much tv as well there is nothing on in the summer so I have been watching alot of old tv shows so atleast you know when they are going to end.
Freaks and geeks and Undeclared are good old shows I am watching although both where canceled after 1 season which sucks as thought they could have been good.

Sucks my name is earl is has been canceled I did not follow it much but I would watch it if it was on.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-09, 01:46 AM

Israfil's Flag is: USA

Quote:
it's coming back, with a half hour run time. twice as much awesomeness per week

One thing you can say for enemies; they make life more interesting.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-09, 11:55 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

I'd wager so many US shows get axed/cancelled only after a season or even just a few episodes because the average viewer has the attention span of a gnat; With today's thousand channel TV universe, people click from station to station barely glancing at what's on, constantly looking for a moment's gratification (Or gratuitous violence- that ALWAYS sells).

Also, "Reality TV" (Lord, how I hate thee in all thy forms) is cheaper to make than a show that needs a set, paid cast of REAL actors, writers, costuming department, etc; Network bigwigs are all in it for the cash, so we get endless versions of Survivor or American Idol, while quality shows (Like My name is Earl ) get cancelled.

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-09, 02:22 AM
The Yellow King

Azwraith's Flag is: Australia

its either that or they take a originally good tv show prison break or lost or smallville and run it into the ground. the first season was good.. the rest is horse poop

and NCIS is my fav show.. but now they are doing a NCIS Los Angeles Nuuu that show will ruin the franchise because they got stupid with it... LL Cool J cannot act!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
I wore my first dress about 15-16- no reason for it, I was just sat in the props room at school writing an essay and decided to try on the leopard print top and mini-skirt, even threw on a blonde wig, and I must admit the breeze to my gentlemen was a rare delight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode