Rev nitpicks; Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Default Rev nitpicks; Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen

I felt there was enough of this to get into it's own thread. As always, I'm very entertained when I watch a particular movie, outside a few obvious issues, but as I think about the movie, the more certains things start to irritate me. And since I have a lot of talk about, I'll make this really easy...

There was a lot I didn't mention and a lot more I could mention. But this is the inherent difficulty when dealing with a Sci-Fi action flick of this caliber. Eventually you have to dismiss everything that's *technically* wrong with it and remember what kind of move it is; giant alien robots blowing the s**t out of each other. And knowing that, accept that it was a fun movie and worth watching. I for one will certainly see it again, if only because I was sitting in the front row and I probably missed a great deal of action.

Pondering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-09, 02:59 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Its the only movie I've even been back to the cinema to see.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-09, 11:19 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I like the film personally. I have come to the conclusion that if a film is aimed at the 8-12 year old boy market (Star wars I to III spring to mind), you should go the film and watch it in this frame of mind. I would see this one again jsut for all the fights.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-09, 01:53 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

I thought it was a good movie, but I found myself going cross-eyed during some of the fight scenes. Unless the combatants were completely different colours and there was a large size difference things seemed to just gel together into a flailing mass of robotic limbs and weapons.

I was really happy to see Optimus not suck this time and do stuff instead of just getting his ass kicked the entire time. Bumblebee was also awesome, especially toward the end with his martial arts awesomeness.

Also, as beautiful as Megan Fox is, all the posing that she was doing during the movie was really distracting to everyone in the theater and kept pulling us out of the story and making me feel like I was watching a movie again instead of sort of being a part of the action.

Finally, who taught that girl how to kiss? I know she's not into guys and all, but she seems disgusted to even get close to Shia at several points in the movie. Just lay one on 'em, he's not that bad looking!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-09, 02:14 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really a 'good' film. My favourite part, not a spoiler, was when Megan Fox's character changed her bra in the middle of a fight. Blue bra straps are hard to miss, especially when they were previously white. I lol'd. Continuity errors = bad direction. = Michael Bay.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-09, 05:55 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I loved this movie,the first was was good but the second one was even better,will have to see it again because too much was going on to really absorb everything,some very serious nods to the whole transformers universe and the inclusion of serious transformer legends such as soundwave,ravage and jet fire to name a few. Skids and mudflap were very funny and had some very funny lines like "its supposed to hurt ,its an ass kicking".

For some reason critics went into the movie thinking it was going to be some kind of cutting edge emotional oscar winning drama and totally forgot it was supposed to be 200 million dollar budget version of robot wars, i got exactly what i paid to see and more besides,namely huge transforming robots slapping the stink off each other for two hours punctuated with humour and megan fox.I watched (and own) generation 1 transformers as a kid (and adult) and what michael bay has put on the screen is exactly what i want to see from a transformers movie.

There are only two ways this movie could have been better for me, number 1 megan fox does fully nude gymnastics in 3d and smell o vision and two the dino bots had been included, but as the writers have saved them for the third movie i guess its not all bad.

star rating 4 out of 5

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-09, 12:51 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

i thought that it was a good film to watch...but not think about (plot line - etc)

plot: F
action: A
script: C
interest: A

truth be told i wish that T2 was the first movie because i think that it would have moved better plot wise for this to be first, and the original transformers movie to be second

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-09, 12:06 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I thought it was a polished turd, the first was just a turd, this one was shiny, but still a turd.

and to be honest the title still has no bearing on the film, it had very little transfomer action in it still, it was basically 2 hours looking at Megan Fox's ass and tits, I don't wanna pay £8 to look at tits and ass.

the 2 comedy transfomers were annoying, and the arcee twins were just pathetic, the fallen was pathetic, if he was supposed to be such a huge threat why did he do bugger all.

and when did transfomers become lego?, why can they suddenly stick anything they want to themselves and its an instant improvement, I think someone was watching Gundam a little too much.

the acting was as usual from a Bay movie, appalling and allot of scenes just plain uncomfortable to watch because they were that bad.

and what the hell was the matrix of leadership supposed to be?, that thing had nothing do with it, it was just some random christmas decoration.

well at least Bay is consistent, all his movies are crap, not just 1 or 2 and all his movies have about as little bearing on its original sources or subjects as humanly possible.

at least it might win a worst movie ever award

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode