Good Comedy Shows - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-09, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Good Comedy Shows

Hello there as we know the summer is the death of TV with all the good shows taking a break or finishing.
So I need a new show to watch while I take breaks in reversion for my uni exams.
Right now this are the shows I have been watching lately :
Undeclared
Freaks and Geeks
The Big Bang Theory
Peep Show
IT Crowd
How I met your Mother
30 Rock
Scrubs
Family guy, south park etc

So any body got any good comedy shows that I can watch ?

Also any action show would not be bad as my normal shows lost,supernatural,bones etc are over till fall.

Last edited by Talos; 05-25-09 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-09, 03:24 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Personally I think a lot of American Dad is better than Family Guy

Also, if you can get hold of it try and watch Drawn together, its an animation that could be worse (taste wise) than south park, its funking hilarious.

House is another brilliant one, its like a medical CSI... which doesn't suck

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-09, 04:21 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Reaper. Love the show, it's got action and comedy, a suave and charming Devil, and Kevin Smith is in charge but (thankfully) not in it

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 01:45 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Boston Legal. Denny Crane is one of the funniest characters I've ever seen. Scrubs just keeps on getting better. Shameless and Testees are also favourites at the moment.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 11:51 AM

fatboy955's Flag is: United Kingdom

drawn together is very very funny also reaper is great but my summer is gonna be filed with SG-1 boxsets and Babylon 5 boxsets. Is it worth me picking up BSG? i only ask as i watched the first season and thought it was a bit slow,does it pick up the pace a bit? Oh and Dollhouse on Sci-fi.

Comady wise Big bang theroy and Scrubs FTW!!!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 08:46 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

BSG is a great show i loved it and would definatly recomend it

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 11:10 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

if comedy is what your looking for give spaced and black books a try both very funny shows.
BSG was one of the greatest Sci-Fi shows ever made far better than the 70s version too, they are doing a tv movie and a prequel series based around the first cyclon war.

scrubs is awsome

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Slaanesh's Plaything

Thanks for the reply's.
I have watched American Dad and loved it, I agree I found it much better than family guy.
I watched Drawn together when it was on tv and enjoyed it, would like to rewatch it but it is hard to find.
Alot of people have said good things about House I really should give it ago. I tried to watch the first episode a while ago but could not get into it, think its time for another try.
Reaper is good I watched all the first season then just forgot about it, thanks galahad for reminding me, I will have to see about the other seasons. Is it up to season 3 now ?

Scrubs is good but I have seen all 8 seasons and it is now over. There will be a spin off but with non of the main characters I cant see it being any good.
Spaced was amazing thought that was great. Have not heard of black book what is it about ?

I watched the first episode of BSG but could not get over them changing swear words to frak. I know its a small thing but it just ruined it for me, I tried to keep watching but could not get over it.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 11:40 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

Wait they might be keeping Scrubs but it is doubtable. Braff has left, Flinn has left, Kelso guy has left, Cox is going. Basically around 4 0f the 7 main character are leaving. It is all blowing up smoke, you will never see Scrubs continue.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-09, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Slaanesh's Plaything

TBH I dont want to see scrubs carry on. I think it ended on a strong note and was a great bit of TV, i dont what it ruined with spin offs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode