Rev reviews "Terminator Salvation" - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Default Rev reviews "Terminator Salvation"

You'll have to forgive me since I saw the midnight showing early this morning and I'm working on a few paltry hours of sleep, so there's a good chance I may totally miss something. But at any rate...

Terminator Salvation is a complete revamp and redesign of the Terminator franchise, and I feel that it succeeded in its task. We have solid acting, from primary characters as well as secondary characters. The sound track will be interesting to say the least as it's a combination of 90's rock and what I would call "Operatic Battle" sequences.

Most importantly though, it maintained story continuity and didn't change anything that was crucial to the plot. It took the next chapter and kept the previous movies in mind, in so much that if they did not succeed in their task, none of them would have technically happened.

The things that did tend to stick out with a question mark, while few, were easily explained away. Unlike other movies with giant plot holes and "WTF" moments, these are reasonable and logical explanations. Example...

...and...

Another nice thing about this movie is that it pays homage to the its predecessors with little subtleties, most notably with key phrases characters say during the movie; which I'm sure you could all wager a guess as to what they are.

The only thing I wanted was more. When the movie ended I was a bit dissappointed in that of course, the full story isn't finished yet, so I'm going to have to wait another few years for it to be completed. But I take that as a good sign as it kept me interested beyond the duration of the movie.

Definetly a good flick and I would suggest it to anyone. You don't even need to see the previous movies to enjoy this one, you just wouldn't get every little detail. 4 out of 5 stars.

Pondering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-09, 04:28 PM

Sgt Bilko's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im a fan of the terminator franchise also and i did enjoy then film, excellent action
scenes and very good CGI.
I am looking forward to the next 2 Films to be made and released.
Congratulations McG.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-09, 04:47 AM

xiawujing's Flag is: USA

It was pretty good, and you're right on the wanting more. I left the theater not exactly feeling gypped, but definitely like I wasn't done with the story.

Been gone for a while, but Alpharius commands my return
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-09, 02:04 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Agreed the story could have used a little more to it and it felt short after it was done. But overall it was entertaining.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-09, 02:11 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Appreciate the review, I'm definitely going to go see it then!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode