Favorite Anime - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-06-10, 12:48 PM

Demonolatress's Flag is: United Kingdom

Naruto and Bleach are my faves at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-12-10, 11:19 PM

zeroblackstar's Flag is: Wales

These I loved:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
Hellsing
Ghost in the Shell

Im really big into dystopian, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi kinda stuff, so if anone wants to recommend me any books, films or anime then please do

Laputa Castle in the Sky!! I watched that when I was a kid, I had dreams about it for years, have always wanted to know what it was called and watch it again, thanks!
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-13-10, 09:22 AM

cain the betrayer's Flag is: Netherlands

i like
naruto
bleach
death note
code geass
helsing ultimate
one piece

Check out my warriors of chaos log here
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-14-10, 12:47 AM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

@Zeroblackstar, ever watched the Appleseed movies? It may not be that dystopian but they are definately worth checking out IMO. Although Ex-Machina (the sequel) is considerably better I still find them both worthy of my time (and that is a rare compliment).
Anyway, im not really that much into anime and so not very experienced as I have a little too much of it I haven't even started watching yet. Stuff like Death Note, Hellsing and Gungrave. I hope they live up to their reputation.

Speaking of which, I have really no idea what so friggin ever why I was ever recommended nor why so many seem to like Elfen Lied.
My god, that was the most pretentious piece of crappe I have ever tried to watch. It's not that im trying to be a dick (it is after all a matter of taste) but could anyone please explain to me why it's supposed to be good? Because watching it made my heart hurt.

Back on topic. I really did enjoy these:
Trigun - Awesome as hell!
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Although I haven't finished it yet, it's AMAZINGLY funny. It just cracks me up.
Ah! My goddes - Yep, you are now completely entitled to make fun of my personal taste or question my manhood, but I really did find it funny. I think it was a good laugh watching it and several of the characters are just plain awesome. But as a note, I don't think you should ever it watch because of the story. It's just not interesting at all. And the second season is unfortunately filled with waaaay too much romantic diller daller to be considered really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.

Last edited by AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH; 03-14-10 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-14-10, 04:29 AM

zeroblackstar's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH View Post
@Zeroblackstar, ever watched the Appleseed movies? It may not be that dystopian but they are definately worth checking out IMO. Although Ex-Machina (the sequel) is considerably better I still find them both worthy of my time (and that is a rare compliment).
Anyway, im not really that much into anime and so not very experienced as I have a little too much of it I haven't even started watching yet. Stuff like Death Note, Hellsing and Gungrave. I hope they live up to their reputation.

Speaking of which, I have really no idea what so friggin ever why I was ever recommended nor why so many seem to like Elfen Lied.
My god, that was the most pretentious piece of crappe I have ever tried to watch. It's not that im trying to be a dick (it is after all a matter of taste) but could anyone please explain to me why it's supposed to be good? Because watching it made my heart hurt.

Back on topic. I really did enjoy these:
Trigun - Awesome as hell!
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Although I haven't finished it yet, it's AMAZINGLY funny. It just cracks me up.
Ah! My goddes - Yep, you are now completely entitled to make fun of my personal taste or question my manhood, but I really did find it funny. I think it was a good laugh watching it and several of the characters are just plain awesome. But as a note, I don't think you should ever it watch because of the story. It's just not interesting at all. And the second season is unfortunately filled with waaaay too much romantic diller daller to be considered really good.
I will check those out
post #76 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-14-10, 08:22 PM

Zenith_of_Mind's Flag is: Croatia

I don't watch that much anime but previously I have watched Dragon Ball, Trigun, Inuyasha, Hellsing etc. But the best two animes ever for me are Detroit Metal City and Eyeshield 21. Simply genius.
post #77 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 05:52 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
I loved that! But recently I watched Onegai Sensei and thats a thousand times funnier. At times I was screaming I was laughing so hard! And Onegai Twins is also hilarious, its worth checking out at least.

Aside from the usual stuff like One Piece and Hellsing Ultimate, I really loved Fruits Basket, Dragon Ball, Elfen Lied, Sousei no Aquarion, and VanDread. But my current favourite is this: Its a shame I don't know what anime its from, but I shared anyway just in case someone out there knows and could tell me.

Oh and before I forget, my favourites include Golden Boy and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan! Pipirupirupipirupiii!!! =D

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Last edited by Khorothis; 03-31-10 at 05:59 PM.
post #78 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 06:23 PM

cain the betrayer's Flag is: Netherlands

it is from the anime naruto Khorothis

Check out my warriors of chaos log here
post #79 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 06:42 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain the betrayer View Post
it is from the anime naruto Khorothis
=O
Now I'll have to watch that thing... ; _ ; I always thought that it would take a small fortune to bribe me into watching it, but now I bump into this avatar and I'm more than bribed... talk about unexpected.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #80 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-08-10, 10:48 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Nail, meet head.

I think the reason so many people like it is because it does actually make you FEEL something after watching it, unlike something like Lost which just makes you confused and bored.

The over-the-top graphic violence in no way sways my opinion either. ;)

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode