Watchmen - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 05:06 PM
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Manhattan having his knob out is kind of a symptom of his detachment from humanity. He doesn't care if you are bothered by it, because he doesn't care about you. It's CGI anyway.
Thank you for that. I'm so tired of guys who are less then secure in their own manhood complaining about DrMs junk. If your a hetro guy and your that focused on another dudes junk, you might have some issues. Now you understand how most women feel about all the boobs that show up in movies, usualy for no reason at all. Yeah dude was naked, get over it.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 01:50 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I mainly mentioned it because I thought it was funny. I'm well aware of the reasoning behind it, and I was glad that they left it in, even if it did seem to be a lot more prominent than in the comics.
But come on, how many times can you legitimately say "Big blue dong" in your life? Gotta make the most of it while you can

Also...

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Last edited by Galahad; 03-20-09 at 01:53 AM.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 04:36 AM
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

OMFinG, that's too funny. Why can I still see it happening though.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 04:44 AM

Kitsunex's Flag is: USA

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 05:18 AM
Executive Nitpicker

That's exactly what I posted, except with a slow, clunky flash based interface ;-)

"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 05:21 AM

Kitsunex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
That's exactly what I posted, except with a slow, clunky flash based interface ;-)
oops. i didn't realize. i haven't seen it yet, and i thought what you posted was a spoiler.

my apologies.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 05:27 AM
Executive Nitpicker

I made it a spoiler because the video (albeit teasingly) gives away some of the plot, and also it's funnier if nobody expects it (like in a spoiler ) but no worries. The page you linked has more info about the author and whatnot, which is cool

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-21-09, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

xiawujing's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiawujing View Post
I'll give you a hint...it's [spoiler] like I said earlier in the thread ;-) Remember, the end tag has a / in front of the word -G
Hehe, whoops... thank you for the edit! I completely didn't see that clue earlier... *smacks forehead*

And very nice on the Saturday Morning Watchmen! Very funny stuff! Found that about 10 min. before I went to see the Thursday night midnight opening showing and laughed the whole way there.

Last edited by xiawujing; 03-21-09 at 01:22 AM.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-21-09, 06:54 PM

Strange Dude's Flag is: United Kingdom

I seem to remember reading that Zack Snyder made a deliberate choice in upping the violence quota because the studio wanted a low certification. By adding lots and lots of violence he avoided the 'well if you just cut these 3 major scenes we'll give it a 12 certificate' so he could give his vision of Watchmen.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-21-09, 07:13 PM

Golgothas's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Al'rahhem View Post
Thank you for that. I'm so tired of guys who are less then secure in their own manhood complaining about DrMs junk. If your a hetro guy and your that focused on another dudes junk, you might have some issues. Now you understand how most women feel about all the boobs that show up in movies, usualy for no reason at all. Yeah dude was naked, get over it.
This.

I was always hoping that at some point in time there would be a movie which would make men feel insecure about themselves in a way that a lot of movies tend to make women feel insecure about themselves because of the way that the female body is portrayed in contemporary film. I am aware that this is not the only movie to have done this, but this is certainly the first one that has been hyped so much and will be widely watched.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode