Thoughts On Russell Brand? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-25-08, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Thoughts On Russell Brand?

What are your thoughts on Russell Brand?

Personally I think he's scum. Unfunny scum at that. Everything I've seen him in has been terrible and his stand-up is shite. That whole thing with the telephone calls was in poor taste as well.

Add on to this the fact he's a hedonist pure and simple. Oh he's not an addict anymore? Yea when celebrites claim that it just means that they have become better at hiding it, and as for his award of "the top shagger of 2006/2007" by the Sun well:

A) The Sun's not exaclty top class journalism is it. For one it gives out awards like this.
B) It doesn't actually say who he's sleeping with. Do we have proof other than what he says? (Please remember that guys like him generally have lieing down to a fine art).

And for anybody saying that "oh you've never actually met him and therefore can't judge", that argument is intrinsically flawed in that celebrites and politicians are judged on the image that they present, they know the media is following them and has a interest in reporting their actions. If they don't like that they can choose not remove themselves from the spot light. Or if they don't like the way they are being portrayed they can change their behavour, like not shooting up in toilets for example.

So yes thats me. I wondering if I'm the only one who feels this was or that maybe I'm missing something and he's actually a very nice person with great artistic merit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-25-08, 12:43 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Me, I love Russell Brand.

I've seen a few of the films he's been in (St Trinians, etc), and while the script has been written, he plays the parts well, mainly because he acts that seemingly everyday.

For the Andrew Sachs problem, it was the Daily Mail brigade which made it go OMG!!! What the fuck is this?

Half the people who complained have probably never heard of Russell Brand, or listened to his radio show. The majority of those who do listen are seeing it as a joke.

And for those who go "It's not a joke, it was a cruel trick to play on an old man", what a load of crap.

All jokes are in expense of some people - think of the jokes on Scousers, Blondes, Irish, Southerners, Northerners, George Bush - they all rip into people.

But because they're apparently 'National Treasures', they are above the right to be mocked.

So I fight for my country. I keep my country safe (or attempt to at least). That should make me a national treasure. But it doesn't - a TV actor who does charity work is a national treasure - while I get abuse for joining the forces - even being called a racist for joining when I might get sent to fight in a warzone against a different colour of skin is prevalent.

I realise I've sort of gone into a rant, but when someone gets slated for having a joke, and a laugh, because someone else is apparently 'better' than them, and other people have done far more deserving things, I'm going to back the joker.

I'm also biased in that I like Russell Brand, and read The Sun.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-25-08, 05:38 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

I also like Russell Brand. I haven't seen much of his stuff but what I have seen I've always enjoyed. And yeah I agree that I think the whole Andrew Sax thing was over done. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-25-08, 08:40 PM

I agree with the jac. I want to see russel brand dead before I am
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-08, 01:03 AM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think the guy's a hairy fuckwit. He's about as funny as cancer.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-08, 01:37 PM

Trigger's Flag is: England

Anyone who thinks the phone call was a joke, ask yourself this. Would you want a pair of fuckwits ringing your Grandparents saying how they've fucked you?

Yeah, thought not.

Stick a V8 in it!

Quote eric, I'm sure Madonna has her own awards shelf. It doesn't make her any good.

Painting Great War Germans. Mmmm... Flamethrowers.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-08, 01:59 PM
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have to say I don't know how anyone finds him funny. The newspapers did overegg it a bit but it was still a mean thing to do, phoning him up. The only good thing is how it's given some good comedians something else to make jokes of.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-08, 02:12 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Anyone who thinks the phone call was a joke, ask yourself this. Would you want a pair of fuckwits ringing your Grandparents saying how they've fucked you?

Yeah, thought not.
Mine would laugh, to be honest.

Daily mail readers. That's all I have to say.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-08, 11:17 PM

jordan_darko's Flag is: England

I personally think he's hilarious I especially love his ponderland shows there funny as hell.

" YOU ARE MY UNBROKEN BLADES , YOU ARE THE DEATH GUARD ! "
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-26-08, 11:23 PM

I hate him, I dunno why theres just something about him that makes me want to strangle him and his oddly shaped head.

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode