Riddick - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-18-10, 06:45 PM

Yes, that's right. I necroposted, but hey...I used the search function. Just spreading the word to those who don't know.

Apparently, work has already begun in the next installment of the Riddick films, with another planned to close the series. Of course not much has been spoken of about the film other than it involves Riddick trekking to the underverse of the Necromongers.

What do I think? I enjoyed Pitch Black, Dark Fury and the Chronicles of Riddick. Though something bothered me, and that was the...seemingly lack of creativity in the naming process. Necromongers? I could see that name being used as a slang of sorts by people, but for a faction to call themselves that was kind of lame. I hope they at least improve on that.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 07-18-10 at 07:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 05:02 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

I loved the Chronicles of Riddick and Pitch Black. Escape from Dark Athena and Butcher Bay were both solid games in my opinion as well. I'm definitely a fan.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 05:41 PM
Tel Asra Nejoar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I remember when it came to cinemas. As huge pitch black fans, me and some mates had a "Chronicles of Riddick day". Watch the original and dark fury before taking a 5 min walk to the cinema (i say walk, we stumbled, we were pretty drunk) for the film. i must say, pitch black was a far superior film despite the lower budget, and Dark fury was fun to watch. i would recommend Escape from Butcher bay(prequal game), as it ties up the loose ends as to why riddick is the character he became, and highly enjoyable. It would be interesting to have seen the planned films set after CoR, but they were understandably shelved.

you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be thus...

1. Clean out the stall of the mighty god-emperor
2. feed the god-emperor 1000 fresh bales of hay everyday.
3. flagelate yourself for 16 hours a day
in the grim darkness of the far future there is only Bela!
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-10, 03:47 PM

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

I really liked the Necromungers. I liked their appearance and how some ov their ships were temples. I also like how the face appeared on their structures.

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-10, 12:49 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Interestingly there are a few rumours of the 2nd chronicles film. An interesting on I found here

http://www.scificool.com/major-plot-details-and-script-review-for-chronicles-of-riddick-sequel/

Doesnt look like it would be out much before 2013, but they may make this and the final film simultaneosuly so they could actually make some money on the franchise.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-02-10, 01:12 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im a big Riddick fan, Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick are two of my favourite films. Looking forward to the next film, and I hope Karl Urban will still be in them. He and Vin Diesel are awesome.

The director confirmed months ago that the fourth film, titled Riddick, is currently in production.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode