Deadpool - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-16, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default Deadpool

Saw this over the weekend. It's the funniest film I've seen in a long time. Reynolds has finally found a character he's good at. The one liners, the action scenes, the in jokes, the pisstakes, even the animation during the credits, all excellent.

I also found it interesting to note there seemed to be somewhat of a crossover between the X Men universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something we've not seen before.

Anyone else seen it yet? Opinions?

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-16, 08:40 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I absolutely loved every second of it. Practically spent the entire film laughing, either out loud or to myself. Even the credits are funny, how many other films can actually say their open and end credits are hilarious??

One of my favourite moments;

"Ever seen 127 Hours? Well, spoiler alert!"

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 07:08 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I've waited for this movie ever since Ryan stalked talking about it 10 years ago - And I was not let down. Hands down one of the funniest movies I have seen in many years. Ryan is born to play Deadpool and he fucking nails it.

I'm going to see it again here on Saturday and even though I saw it a the pre-premiere, I'm excited as all hell. Allow a small tear of joy from a comic fan that has waited for so long - It lived up to everything I wanted from it.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 08:23 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Excellent movie saw it valentines day, best movie in ages not too bad movie to take the girlfriend to actually. Tempted to see it again perfect for cinema.

Though not sure on your marvel/xmen crossover Deadpool is and has always been linked to xmen if anything.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 08:49 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I believe he's referring to what looked very much like a helicarrier that they were fighting on at the end. And Hydra Bob of course.

But yeah. I've been waiting for it for years as well, I've been hyped ever since that animated test footage. Loved every second of it and laughed so much.

"You're going to die!.......in 5 minutes!"

"Loved all the breaks in the fourth wall. "That guy wants to speak to you. I dunno. Might advance the plot."
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-16, 10:22 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Though not sure on your marvel/xmen crossover Deadpool is and has always been linked to xmen if anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I also found it interesting to note there seemed to be somewhat of a crossover between the X Men universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something we've not seen before.
Deadpool has always been closely tied to The X-Men. Hell, he was a part of X-men for a time, before he joined X-Force instead. His best buddy is Cable, who is also a X-Men.

In other news, Deadpool 2 has been confirmed and X-Force is also in the works now. The next Wolverine movie will now be R-rated as well. Way to go Deadpool - kicking in doors and proving pointss
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-16, 05:52 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
"You're going to die!.......in 5 minutes!"
When I saw it the entire theatre burst into laughter at that scene.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-16, 06:06 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I found some parts to be very reminiscent of Archer, the counting bullets and Zamboni comment in particular. Not a bad thing at all by the way!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-16, 10:34 PM
Feed

"Someone's not counting."

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-16, 02:44 PM
Rattlehead

I think I'm the only one who didn't like it. The violence was overly gratuitous and felt forced in because you need to have horrible violence for it to be Deadpool, not because it made it a better movie. The thing that really got me was that it felt very inaccessible to someone who doesn't know the first thing about the comics; there was never any explanation of what the characters could actually do. So, Ajax/Francis, he injected himself with the mutant serum and did his whole torturing people into mutants (which was totally unnecessary to actually show us, and cheapened it to boot), and he tells Deadpool that it gave him really good reflexes. Neat, I thought, his girlfriend is super strong and he's super fast, that's a neat dynamic. Nope, he also has a maybe-better-maybe-worse version of Deadpool's regeneration, which is revealed when he needs to be able to regenerate to stop the film from ending halfway through. Huh. Oh, final fight scene, this is cool; he's acquired signature paired weapons, apparently, so he's now a weaponmaster as well as a mad doctor. Wait, he just threw Deadpool clean through the air? So he's also got improved strength, because I'm not believing that he had time to be a mad scientist *and* become some kind of axemaster *and* work out enough to be able to throw someone bodily through the air. If that's even a thing, I don't know if it's possible for a normal human to even be that strong. The strong lady sub-villain trades punches with the big metal guy, but then half way through the fight punches him clean through the air. She didn't open with that move because... well, I dunno. Presumably the same reason that the teenage girl could blow up the entire scrapyard but didn't use that until the very end either.

The supposedly hilarious comedy felt shallow and puerile, not to mention predictable (I've got to respect the actors at the end of the film, because to act surprised when he shot Ajax/Francis mid-speech must be an Oscar-worthy feat).

It felt like a film that was catering purely to people who already knew the characters and the setting intimately, and therefore didn't need to explain anything or try and appeal to anyone. It's almost certainly just my personal experience, but everyone I know who went to see it has come back saying it's the bestest film ever and oh, what a wit the writers must have had and how brilliant it is that they've released it and it's a breakthrough. They're also people who would have enjoyed being kicked in the balls if it'd been delivered by a guy dressed as Deadpool. Unlike the other Marvel movies, I felt like I was sitting in an exclusive club of people who'd had a film made specially for them, and both they and the film didn't want me there if I wasn't part of the club already.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode