Favorite War Movie? - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 12:57 AM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Black Hawk Down is actually my favourite film of all time. so i'll go with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 05:59 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Black Hawk Down is actually my favourite film of all time. so i'll go with that.
I have to say that while I think that Black Hawk Down is a great film it is ruined by the American Film Propoganda system. Based on real events this is how patriotic and brave the American soldiers are, lets ignores the bombs we accidentally dropped when we left. Having said that it is alot better than Pearl Harbour and the look at us Americans that saved the British during the Battle of Britian then took a totally fictional ship to seek revenge against the Japanese, I mean come on their were 21 American pilots in the battle of Britian and they were all RAF men that were American army rejects. Sorry for the rant but it had to be said.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #83 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-06-09, 06:42 PM

scrotrot's Flag is: United Kingdom

Kellys heroes.
Where eagles dare!
post #84 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 09:56 AM

Trigger's Flag is: England

I see no one has mentioned 9th Company yet. Its kind of a Full Metal Jacket but in Afghanistan. Not as good as FMJ by the way, and in Russian with subtitles, but have a look if you're into the genre.
My favourite is Pearl Harbour (Joke!)

Stick a V8 in it!

Quote eric, I'm sure Madonna has her own awards shelf. It doesn't make her any good.

Painting Great War Germans. Mmmm... Flamethrowers.
post #85 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 11:02 AM

Instead of Favouraite I will say that PAtroit Games is the worst movie ever that massacres a brilliant book

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #86 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 12:30 PM
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman

ACoz's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondarian View Post
...then took a totally fictional ship to seek revenge against the Japanese...
You mean this totally fictional event?

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/e...-42/dooltl.htm

If that's the one you were referring to, you, sir, can go eat a dick and then kindly go fuck yourself.

'At two minutes to eleven, opposite the South African Brigade, at the eastern-most point reached by the British armies, a German machine-gunner, after firing off a belt without pause, was seen to stand up beside his weapon, take off his helmet, bow, and then slowly walk to the rear.' -John Buchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchimpster View Post
I can't help but think that every time something is proven, a little bit of the magic of the world dies.

Last edited by ACoz; 03-07-09 at 11:24 PM.
post #87 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 03:16 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
oh I forgot to add that to my list.
Black Hawk Down was an AWESOME movie

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #88 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 08:04 PM

In that case I appologise, but it still has enough bullshit in it, and suffers from the hollywood affect, to much for me to ever think of it as a good film

post #89 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-07-09, 11:23 PM
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman

ACoz's Flag is: USA

Hey, apology accepted. I get a little defensive at times. You're absolutely right, though, the movie was shit.

'At two minutes to eleven, opposite the South African Brigade, at the eastern-most point reached by the British armies, a German machine-gunner, after firing off a belt without pause, was seen to stand up beside his weapon, take off his helmet, bow, and then slowly walk to the rear.' -John Buchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchimpster View Post
I can't help but think that every time something is proven, a little bit of the magic of the world dies.
post #90 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-08-09, 01:13 AM

xiawujing's Flag is: USA

Saving Private Ryan for the gritty reality.

However, 300 for the SHEER BURL that was involved.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode