the small matter of another Star wars film - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-07-15, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default the small matter of another Star wars film

Okay i resisted as long as i could, im as giddy as a 7 year old at the propect of seeing yet another star wars trilogy starting with EP7 the force awakens in december, like many of you i grew up with the original trilogy movies and everything that went with them from yogurts to bed spreads to the now iconic (and expensive) toys, i also in many ways think that the movies paved the way for our beloved 40k to have an audience?

anyway i was reading an interesting article online which i cant find now, but in essence the article mentioned that Disney had purchased very wisely with marvel and Lucas film as these properties could quite easily produce movies,tv and ultimately considerable revenue for the next 20 years and possibly anything up to a 100 years, now that might seem like pie in the sky, but disney has been kicking around for nearly 100 years and most of that time has been off the back of a talk mouse and his pals.

But i have to say the notion that star wars may be around for another 100 years kinda scares me a little, not least because i know with some certainty that i wont be, its quite depressing that i wont get to experience everything disney may put out.

dont get me wrong im pleased that someone has the confidence in the saga and disney to warrant saying it could carry on for another century, it really is that special, it just sucks that i wont be around for all of it.

anyway i just thought i would mention that im super excited, im a massive fan of all the movies, they all have there flaws,but ultimately they are the driving force for everything else that came along because of them.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-07-15, 03:26 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I haven't thought it through in the same way, but I'm also glad (at least for now) that the Star Wars universe is coming back to the screen. Granted, I think the prequels were pretty bad - maybe half bad? With some good parts. I am a little sad that the expanded universe bit the dust there were parts I really liked such as Grand Admiral Thrawn, but there are plenty of other parts that were mind numbingly stupid for example the Ssi-Ruuk and Truce at Bakura.

The ultimate problem with the prequels was that they were made "for kids" unlike the original ones which were for adults and young adults and aspirational for kids.

Interestingly, I recently heard a new method for watching Star Wars to incorporate the prequels and the sequels called the Machete Method. Essentially, the order is 4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

Think about it. =)

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-07-15, 04:12 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I'm very excited for the upcoming movies. I have enjoyed the expanded universe but can take it or leave it, really.

What also has me giddy is that they're hopfully replacing Toon Town at Disneyland with a Star Wars Land of sorts. I live relatively close and my fiancee's best friend works in the park and gets us in for free now and then.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 08-07-15 at 04:15 PM.
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-07-15, 04:21 PM

Very nice!

"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:

Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-09-15, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

I honestly enjoyed all the prequels, i have enjoyed a considerable amount of the expanded universe too, nothing will ever recapture the feelings i enjoyed watching and playing star wars back in the 80s , but i have to say i am stunned by the fact that those original movies have spawned this collosal popular culture monster thats stronger now than ever and has influenced so much and so many .
We are less than a month from force friday (september 4th) at which point the world we live in will change forever once again, you will not be able to escape the force

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-09-15, 05:28 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

I'm like a fugging dog on heat waiting for this movie, although I am beyond pissed that all the books and stuff I have loved for years have just been dumped in the bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-15, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
I'm like a fugging dog on heat waiting for this movie, although I am beyond pissed that all the books and stuff I have loved for years have just been dumped in the bin.
I have to say im not too fussed about that, some of the expanded universe was good some was ropey at best, i would much prefer the movies at the cost of the expanded universe rather than no movies and keep the expanded universe. Besides if you have enjoyed them you can just treat them like comic books that do alternate realities.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-15, 01:11 PM

I think I'm half with you @bitsandkits - I agree IF the new movies are good. If they're bad I'd stick with the expanded universe (or at least the parts I liked.)

Quote:

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-12-15, 08:28 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Oh, I agree. Some of it was utter tripe, but still, that's the stuff that carried on from the movies and therefore the stuff I wanted to read.

Hopefully the new movies aren't a bag of arse......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-15, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

i firmly believe that the new movies (which as it stands looks like a minimum of six at this point) wont disappoint, obviously i can say without any doubt in my mind that i will love them,i dont even need to watch them to know that, they could show 12 hours of the cast calling my mum a funny smelling whore and that my nan walks backwards and i will still cherish every minute, but im a total fan boy, and im not talking fair weather fan here, i mean i love the prequels and i own the ewok films and the cartoons (including importing the lost missions because they were not released in the UK), Plus i have books, comics,toys, pictures,tshirts,my rubber duck is "quack vader" and a loft of related crap a care not to name and the only game app on my S6 edge is Star Wars Commander, so im biased to say the least, i scour the net daily looking for information about the new movies and related stuff,i know when and what hasbro are releasing and lego and cover girl...

im not showing off, or claiming im a bigger fan than anyone here, but the main reason i think these films will be great is because they are being made by other "Fans", dont get me wrong i love george lucas, the man is a legend,what he started is amazing, his real talent isnt screen writing or even directing, its the ability to find and use talented people to bring star wars to life, hes a great ideas man, he knows whats cool.

Star wars is now in the best hands, Disney have pulled off what was considered impossible, they bought the rights before Lucas dies,they managed to reassemble the original cast, they managed to get JJ Abrahams to direct it and Lawrence Kasdan to help write it.

http://www.howmanydaysuntilstarwars.com/

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode