(SPOILERS) Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 8: Hardhome - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-09-15, 08:54 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Unfortunately as much as we'd all like to see the red witch get her commupance after that episode(after she gets those wonderful tits out a couple more times, of course), I think she'll be there till the very end, considering her beliefs seem to be the very antithesis of what the White Walkers are.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 06:59 AM
Craw-Daddy

They really captured desperation well in the last episode. I'm so pissed though. Its not at all like in the books. I'm pissed that HBO sacrificed Stannis as a total desperate person.

I don't know if maybe HBO made his situation more realistic.

I'm actually pretty interested about what will Danny do. I think the scenario both in the books and show are supposed to demonstrate that she's on the wrong path somehow. Is it that she's in the wrong world, or that she is too soft. Not really sure. To me it strikes me as something to push Danny out of that area. However... I don't see her ruling Westeros simply because she believes she's the rightful ruler and she couldn't invade Westeros if she had double what she had.

She really doesn't belong in Westeros. As part of literature, I don't see what the point would be of her ruling Westeros. She has no real vision, and any attempts at a just world from her eyes have backfired.
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 05:20 PM
Craw-Daddy

Its assumed A Song of Fire and Ice has something to do with Jon and Danny. I'm trying to think of a case where like Danny in the pits almost met death and was betrayed by the people she thought she had made peace with. Its pretty similar with Jons in the sense he had to go through a lot of adversity to be where he is now and still doesn't have the respect and trust he deserves.

The next scene with Jon should be pretty much the same right? It just seems like its a bit scarier. Of course, its not an exact science and I could be totally way off. It just wouldn't seem right if it ended like in the books. Davos won't probably common time to make a difference.

The weird part of the next scene with Jon is what the Nights Watch will do after some of them do what they do. Theres thousands of Wildlings behind the wall now. It doesn't make sense for that scene to happen.
post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Its assumed A Song of Fire and Ice has something to do with Jon and Danny. I'm trying to think of a case where like Danny in the pits almost met death and was betrayed by the people she thought she had made peace with. Its pretty similar with Jons in the sense he had to go through a lot of adversity to be where he is now and still doesn't have the respect and trust he deserves.

The next scene with Jon should be pretty much the same right? It just seems like its a bit scarier. Of course, its not an exact science and I could be totally way off. It just wouldn't seem right if it ended like in the books. Davos won't probably common time to make a difference.

The weird part of the next scene with Jon is what the Nights Watch will do after some of them do what they do. Theres thousands of Wildlings behind the wall now. It doesn't make sense for that scene to happen.
Yeah that's true. There are only what, like 50 crows left? Davos and the throngs of wildlings could be the factors that change the outcome from what happens in the books.

I can't remember as it's been a while since I've watched the previous seasons. In the show, did they ever touch on the other Greyjoys (other than "Yara") like Victarion or Aeron Damphair? Because that is something in the books that I'm very excited to see. I love the Iron Islanders.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-12-15, 06:48 AM
Craw-Daddy

The Iron Born are certainly much more entertaining in the books and powerful. They have been skimmed upon and probably will not contribute anymore. They have great military might. It wouldn't be surprising if HBO brushes them completely off. Until now they haven't been anything more than grumpy bastards, and Theon's "toy" was taken away from him.
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-12-15, 07:59 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
It wouldn't be surprising if HBO brushes them completely off.
Maybe, maybe not. I was reading on a site where they were talking about season 6's casting sheets and there's a character in there that seems a shoo-in for Victarion, described as a "wiley pirate."

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-12-15, 09:25 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Unfortunately as much as we'd all like to see the red witch get her commupance after that episode(after she gets those wonderful tits out a couple more times, of course), I think she'll be there till the very end, considering her beliefs seem to be the very antithesis of what the White Walkers are.
She's one of the more interesting characters in the books. it's just a shame Thoros of Myr has been brushed under a carpet, hopefully he makes a return now. He's a good old character, and Paul Kaye is fucking ace (Carsino!). I think he's been kept around for a reason in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-12-15, 09:56 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
She's one of the more interesting characters in the books. it's just a shame Thoros of Myr has been brushed under a carpet, hopefully he makes a return now. He's a good old character, and Paul Kaye is fucking ace (Carsino!). I think he's been kept around for a reason in the books.
He and all those other interesting characters he's living in that hole in the ground with have been kinda brushed under the carpet in the books as well. IIRC they didn't feature in either of the last two books. I think one in particular would raise a few eyebrows if she turned up again in the series.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-12-15, 10:30 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I think one in particular would raise a few eyebrows if she turned up again in the series.
True, but I'm pretty sure the tv show has written her out completely. Unless they're just trying to fake us out. I think they're being genuine however.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-13-15, 12:55 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
He and all those other interesting characters he's living in that hole in the ground with have been kinda brushed under the carpet in the books as well. IIRC they didn't feature in either of the last two books. I think one in particular would raise a few eyebrows if she turned up again in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode