(SPOILERS) Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 8: Hardhome - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 12:36 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Yeah I know, but GRRM said he's good.
Yeah. I think Jon is safe. All the evidence in the books points to

I'm just not sure if GRRM will kill them off eventually or what. We know he's at least partially sentimental with his characters.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 06-04-15 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

That would make some sense.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 06-05-15 at 01:14 AM.
post #23 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 04:33 PM
Craw-Daddy

You think Stannis sacrifices his daughter? Part of me says no, but he's pretty fucked right now.
post #24 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 04:37 PM

@venomlust you may want to spoiler tag that.

"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:

Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #25 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 05:05 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
I will say that Jon Snow not being in the novels kind of takes away most of the remaining relevance and importance of the North to the reader.
The North is where the whole thing is heading though. Daenarys, the dragons, Jon(if he survives), Stannis, Grey Worm, Brienne, Arya, Tyrion, Jaime, Sansa, Davos, will all end up there. Quite a few are already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
I'm just not sure if GRRM will kill them off eventually or what.
The fat fuck is likely to die off himself before he gets around to finishing the story. He's even slower than Robert Jordan when it comes to getting stuff out. There's at least 4 books left in it, and going at his current rate, that could take 20 years to do. He's a morbidly obese 66 year old, so I won't be surprised when the news comes out of his dying of a massive heart attack. I just hope Brandon Sanderson is willing to take up the reins like he did with the Wheel of Time series.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 06-04-15 at 05:18 PM.
post #26 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
The North is where the whole thing is heading though. ...
Yeah. The north seems to be the end game. Confrontation between dragons (fire) and white walkers (ice.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
The fat fuck is likely to die off himself before he gets around to finishing the story. He's even slower than Robert Jordan when it comes to getting stuff out. There's at least 4 books left in it, and going at his current rate, that could take 20 years to do.
Entirely possible. Though unlike Jordan Martin doesn't have a terminal diagnosis. And I read half the Wheel of Time and so far all the GoT books. If Martin dies before it's done it'll be a much greater loss. At least he knows how it ends and we would have the show as a consolation prize.

Quote:

post #27 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
@venomlust you may want to spoiler tag that.

Done.

It is annoying that GRRM doesn't really seem to concerned with getting the books done. Not that he isn't writing a crap ton of pages constantly, but his attitude about it isn't quite as fervent as his fans would want .

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #28 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 03:29 AM
Craw-Daddy

Actually... I'm not sure Daenyrs and the Dragons will head up North. Its kind of interesting how the Targaryans conquered Westeros the first time... and they didn't go North. If I'm correct, the last King of the North... before Robb of course, kneeled and was granted Warden of the North. I don't remember the Dragons ever going up North though.

I don't think Daenyrs will go North. Its unrealistic considering the current Empire she has could be connected with tape and be just as strong. Even from a TV perspective I don't see her wearing furs and the next thing fans complain about is how HBO supports cruelty to animals all of a sudden.

As far as other potential characters in the North... Arya isn't a leader, she's a loner. Sansa... and you could debate this I guess, lost her path during first season when she made the mistake in giving her Starkness and betrayed her dad. Its actually a decent debate, and if you go to the ASoFI forums theres threads about this. But it definitely seems like the death of her Dire Wolf represented when she lied to King Robert about how his son got his ass kicked. Ever since she's been in the web she created.

Stannis is an interesting fellow, and I really like the character. However, as much as that is so, he's never had a PoV and its already the second to last novel coming out and he still isn't mentioned as having his own PoV. That really leaves Snow as the real representation of the North.
post #29 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 03:32 AM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Done.

It is annoying that GRRM doesn't really seem to concerned with getting the books done. Not that he isn't writing a crap ton of pages constantly, but his attitude about it isn't quite as fervent as his fans would want .
There's lots of loose stuff that I don't think will be covered. He better snap out of this warging shit. I hope HBO slapped the shit out of him when he came to them with that idea. Of course, they could be like "True Blood concept again!" You never know.
post #30 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 08:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode