Mad Max: Fury Road. Who's seen it? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default Mad Max: Fury Road. Who's seen it?

Watched it today, and it is certainly a feast for the eyes. Kinda lacking in any real story line or character development, and Tom Hardy, one of the best actors of his generation, has minimal dialogue.

When I asked my missus what she thought of it afterwards, bearing in mind she's a big fan of high octane action films, she said she got bored half way through because the action sequences just didn't stop, and while I certainly didn't get bored, I could kind of see her point. The action is fantastic though, and it really keeps true to the first three films, which is easy enough when you have the original director at the helm.

I think I'd have to see it again to fully make my mind up, but I'd give it a provisional 7/10. It's certainly the best looking film I've seen in a long time.

What do the rest of you think?

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 02:43 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I just got back from watching it with my brother a few minutes ago. Its good if you're only going for the mindless action. Otherwise it isn't remarkable in any sense, but its not a bad film either. 7/10 sounds fair to me.

I probably wouldn't go see it in theaters again, but I'd watch it again on DVD or Bluray.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 05:54 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I loved it. Saw it in IMAX and don't regret it.

No extraneous nonsense, no love story, no sex scenes. The action IS the story. True to the original Max character, enough character progression to at least be noticeable to me.

Loved it.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 08:48 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Loved it from start to finish. 10/10, best movie ever.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-15, 09:09 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Fucking loved it.

Max is a drifter, a self-exiled loner so it's fine by me that he isn't chatting all the time. His near silence is pretty much spot on I reckon. The closest you get to a shitty love side-plot is when he finally "reveals" his name, and that's your lot.

The action is pretty much non-stop and that's the whole point. If I'd gone to see a Mad Max film that didn't involve ridiculous amounts of stuff hurtling around the desert I'd want my money back.
And that Drum-Truck? Fucking ace. It's so ridiculous it's perfect for the setting.

It was also nice to see that Max is pretty well unhinged too with those flashes of his daughter etc that freeze him up a couple of times.

Incidentally, this guy:

is played by this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-15, 07:57 PM
Craw-Daddy

Its an action flick. It definitely kept you at the edge of your seat. I actually prefer that Harvey didn't speak too much. The movie was basically the story of my life. Loved it. 8-9 out of 10 for me. Of course, this type of film doesn't have any meaning or nice film techniques, except for the fact its a metaphor for my life, but its awesome for an action movie.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Watched it today, and it is certainly a feast for the eyes. Kinda lacking in any real story line or character development, and Tom Hardy, one of the best actors of his generation, has minimal dialogue.

When I asked my missus what she thought of it afterwards, bearing in mind she's a big fan of high octane action films, she said she got bored half way through because the action sequences just didn't stop, and while I certainly didn't get bored, I could kind of see her point. The action is fantastic though, and it really keeps true to the first three films, which is easy enough when you have the original director at the helm.

I think I'd have to see it again to fully make my mind up, but I'd give it a provisional 7/10. It's certainly the best looking film I've seen in a long time.

What do the rest of you think?
I dunno I think he did an amazing portraying the character with few lines.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 03:43 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

I very rarely go to the cinema to see a movie, sometimes I wait until a movie comes out on dvd, but most the time I wait until it plays on free to air TV. I'm going to see it AT THE CINEMA for the SECOND time, I'll let that statement speak for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 09:38 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu_shan82 View Post
I very rarely go to the cinema to see a movie, sometimes I wait until a movie comes out on dvd, but most the time I wait until it plays on free to air TV. I'm going to see it AT THE CINEMA for the SECOND time, I'll let that statement speak for itself.
This. Exactly.

One thing that spoke volumes to me is one little thing that Max does. I'll not spoil it for anybody who hasn't seen the movie, but for those of you that have.
That so very out of character thumbs-up. It's such a little thing that you'll miss if you aren't glued to the screen. Considering the character is a mad loner, it's a nifty little moment I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 04:35 PM
Craw-Daddy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode