Star Wars Episode VII Trailer. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-15, 06:09 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Pretty sure there is a whole storyline after Vader and the empy die with luke going to the dark side then coming back and all of thier kids interacting with shit.
Yeah. Some of that storyline is cool. Luke's trip to the dark side (Dark Empire and Dark Empire II). Some of the novels were pretty lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
he does describe himself as a big fanboy who grew up with the series

The official line is that some expanded has been discounted and some is canon,
there is no line on what is official and given what can't be official it's hard to be sure what if anything is canon at all
Yeah . . . I'm not quite holding my breath here. There's a lot of the expended universe which was awesome and a lot was not.

Awesome:
- Grand Admiral Thrawn (from Timothy Zahn's 2 series)
- Dark Empire I & II

Stupid:
- truce at bakura (and everything to do with the sii'ruk.
- oh, lots of stuff

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 02-07-15 at 06:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-15, 10:27 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I do like the idea of a post civil-war, cold war going on, I must say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Yeah. Some of that storyline is cool. Luke's trip to the dark side (Dark Empire and Dark Empire II). Some of the novels were pretty lame.

Yeah . . . I'm not quite holding my breath here. There's a lot of the expended universe which was awesome and a lot was not.

Awesome:
- Grand Admiral Thrawn (from Timothy Zahn's 2 series)
- Dark Empire I & II

Stupid:
- truce at bakura (and everything to do with the sii'ruk.
- oh, lots of stuff
Indeed,

The good - Thrawn, Bane & KOTOR
The bad - almost everything else.....

Pretty sure Darth Bane is non-canon now going by various comments

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-15, 11:17 PM

@Bindi Baji
The Tales of the Jedi and the Beast Wars of Onderon were also pretty bad ass until they changed artists.

"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:

Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 05:18 AM

Quote:
he does describe himself as a big fanboy who grew up with the series

The official line is that some expanded has been discounted and some is canon,
there is no line on what is official and given what can't be official it's hard to be sure what if anything is canon at all
Then hopefully he's channel Lucas's darker side instead of the family friendly stuff of the prequels.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Then hopefully he's channel Lucas's darker side instead of the family friendly stuff of the prequels.
I actually wouldn't have had a problem with Lucas being involved, just not directing,
someone needed to put him to task when writing the prequels and say NO to the entire droid factory scene and remove almost every bit of Jar-Jar and Droid based slapstick, not to mention comedy love affairs!.
There were damn fine movies in the prequel trilogy crying for someone to cut them free of the bilge.......

Quote:
@Bindi Baji
The Tales of the Jedi and the Beast Wars of Onderon were also pretty bad ass until they changed artists.
Missed them completely, stopped reading most things after darksaber (Bane being the exception)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Last edited by Bindi Baji; 02-08-15 at 11:01 AM.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I actually wouldn't have had a problem with Lucas being involved, just not directing,
someone needed to put him to task when writing the prequels and say NO to the entire droid factory scene and remove almost every bit of Jar-Jar and Droid based slapstick, not to mention comedy love affairs!.
There were damn fine movies in the prequel trilogy crying for someone to cut them free of the bilge.......

Missed them completely, stopped reading most things after darksaber (Bane being the exception)
I didn't read Darksaber. I read the Jedi academy trilogy and I am skeptical of Kevin J. Anderson. The Jedi academy trilogy had some good parts, but also some awful stuff. A lot of it read to me like a Michael Bay movie. Giant huge epic problems all the time! With explosions! Oh, and weak prose.

I loved them when I was in 8th grade but I found they really don't hold up well. Timothy Zahn's books do hold up pretty well though.

Quote:

I'd agree. Lucas has had consistently good ideas throughout his career, but he got to a point where either no-one would tell him some of his ideas sucked OR he just didn't care. He also needed a different casting director and a better writer. It's no coincidence that the better of the original movies were written and directed by other people.

Quote:

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I'd agree. Lucas has had consistently good ideas throughout his career, but he got to a point where either no-one would tell him some of his ideas sucked OR he just didn't care. He also needed a different casting director and a better writer. It's no coincidence that the better of the original movies were written and directed by other people.
and a cast willing to say "i'm not bloody saying that, it's stupid"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode