SoA: Men of Mayhem. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-14, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Default SoA: Men of Mayhem.

So, based upon a thread by @Vaz here I shall be posting an unboxing of this game that I ordered the other week.

Bear in mind that this isn't a review as such as I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet.

So, here's the box. (have to start somewhere!)

Opening it up, the first thing you are greeted by is a pretty thin 14-page rulebook. I like thin rulebooks. Less stuff to remember!

Next off you'll find two sheets of card tokens. One is given over entirely to cash, which is what the game is all about. The second is split between (half again) cash, orders and heat.

To play the game you have two types of playing pieces which are Members and Prospects.

You will be trying to gain more cash than your rivals over the course of the game by acquiring guns and contraband as seen below.

The game itself is set up with five permanent sites. The ER, St Thomas Hospital, the Cut & Bag Op, The Gun Factory, and Charming Police Dept.

Along with these, there are six face-down sites also placed on the table which are revealed as the game progresses. An example can be seen below.

Anarchy Cards provide opportunities or throw obstacles into the paths of the gangs.

There are five gangs available to play in Men of Mayhem. Each player rolls a die before setting up, with the player rolling the highest getting first pick before proceeding to their left.

The last player to pick their gang also gains the Reaper Patch, which confers certain benefits during fights and other events.

It looks like it could be a pretty fun game to lose an hour or so with, and I look forward to giving it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-14, 12:25 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

yeah im wanting to try it..but not available in china yet
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-14, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Shame

No idea when it'll get a run out, as my mates that are into the show work almost opposite shifts to me, and one of them lives on the south coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode