What are you currently watching? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 05:56 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Just watched:

(SOME SPOILERS, FOR YE OF LITTLE FORESIGHT)

Marco Polo, AKA "Marco Polo: Kung Fu Fighter." Decent show, definitely entertaining. Some eyeroll moments, but whatever. Mongols are awesome.

Z Nation: As stated above. Definitely more tongue-in-cheek. I love the humor. One episode was a complete waste of time (the stupid recurring dream episode), but mostly I enjoyed it, while acknowledging that it's cheesy and not superb. Doc and the vaccine guy are my favorite characters. Started getting weird when he could mind control people, I thought that was pretty unnecessary.

Vikings, current season: I like it, but the first season is the best by far. The weird stuff with the stranger and Siggy drowning was kinda silly to me.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-17-15 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-25-15, 03:57 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
The Books are also fantastic, (and may be only slightly better than the tv shows for the last chapter that talks about the real heros that Sharpe took the place off in the real wars)
i have to admit im kinda tempted to read a few, i watched Sharpes Waterloo last night and i have to say i really enjoyed it though i was extremely pissed off that Hagman and Harris got killed and if im honest in a kinda poxy way, the series has really sparked my interest in that period of history( i used to mock the Napoleonic players at my club back in the day, how wrong i was ), just got the later indian stories to watch tonight, though to be honest im not expecting them to be as good.

anyway for those of you who havent watched the sharpe series, they are well worth a look, dont forget these are UK made for TV movies so dont expect lord of the rings sized epic battles , but well worth a look.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-25-15, 04:13 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

I'm currently watching community. Well!, not watching per say. More listening to it as I paint.
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-25-15, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Sergeants Hagman and Harris if you please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-26-15, 04:59 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i have to admit im kinda tempted to read a few, i watched Sharpes Waterloo last night and i have to say i really enjoyed it though i was extremely pissed off that Hagman and Harris got killed and if im honest in a kinda poxy way, the series has really sparked my interest in that period of history( i used to mock the Napoleonic players at my club back in the day, how wrong i was ), just got the later indian stories to watch tonight, though to be honest im not expecting them to be as good.
The Books set in India are the best, but they are also pre-quils the movies are good. Just not quite a epic.

If you haven't tried it yet, you may want to check out Audible, big fan of it at the moment and they have all the sharpe 'books'

post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 08:05 PM
Closet Dictator

Oldman78's Flag is: Ireland

Just tuned into "red dawn" nothing like cheesy '80s right wing propoganda, Go Wolverines!

post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-30-15, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Watching Dredd for about the 1,000,000th time.

Fucking love this movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-03-15, 07:53 AM

The Last Kingdom : Basically Vikings from Saxon point of view

And :

The man in High Castle : Based on Philip K Dick book in which Axis won the war and US is divided into Germany and Japan controlled territory with Rocky Mountains being a neutral zone with wild west characteristics and Germany and Japan are locked in a cold war of their own.

I am loving both of these shows, one is from BBC and another from Amazon.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-04-15, 07:36 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Circle View Post
The Last Kingdom : Basically Vikings from Saxon point of view

And :

The man in High Castle : Based on Philip K Dick book in which Axis won the war and US is divided into Germany and Japan controlled territory with Rocky Mountains being a neutral zone with wild west characteristics and Germany and Japan are locked in a cold war of their own.

I am loving both of these shows, one is from BBC and another from Amazon.
The Man in High Castle I want to watch, saw I few trailers/ads, looked pretty interesting. So may just try to snag it so watch over Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-26-15, 10:32 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Watched Fargo season 1 during xmas. And what a season that was. Will be among one of my alltime favourites.

just GREAT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode