What are you currently watching? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-15, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Just watched "Fury". Fucking ace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-04-15, 10:07 AM

Brother Emund's Flag is: Wales

13 Monkey's. It looks and feels really good. Cannot wait until the second instalment

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-04-15, 10:30 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Z Nation,
it's basically a more b-movie walking dead, except it's fairly crap, oh and the soundtrack is very fallout-ish

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 02:31 PM
Rattlehead

Just watched Dracula Untold. A very solid film that's really fuelled my VC craze at the moment - that's exactly how a fighty Vampire Lord would fight!

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Watched episodes 7-9 of Sons of Anarchy S7.

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 03:51 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

currently working my way through all of the Sharpe series of movies, i watched a few of them as a youngster in the 90s, but never watched them all, quite shocked how many there are and amazed at the production value , its just a bit weird seeing Sean Bean consistently make it to the end of every movie without being killed.

just finished watching the 10th one, so i think im about half way through, really enjoying them but i have to say certain aspects of the story are starting to wear a little thin, the main one being that literally no commanding officer actually gets on with Sharpe, every one of them is his nemesis, is huge arrogant cock and unvalues his usefulness despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and his reputation as a legend, you would have thought that if you were the aristocracy and had bought your commission in the army you would welcome such a veteran fighting for you surely ?

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
you would have thought that if you were the aristocracy and had bought your commission in the army you would welcome such a veteran fighting for you surely ?
Nope, because a common oik is showing you up for the incompetent moron that you really are. Everything was money and status, military ability was a rarity amongst most of the aristos....

Whereas a common git like Ol' Sharpey has spent his life fighting

Sharpe says it best:
"You may as well know the rest. My mother was a whore. I was born in a brothel. Grew up in an orphanage and hope to die in the army. Right?"

Quote:

Last edited by Tawa; 03-17-15 at 04:01 PM.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 04:07 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Was off over the weekend, and caught up on some stuff I had recorded. Watched the first three episodes of Fargo. Very good so far. Billy Bob Thornton does menacing very well.

Also started watching Extant, Halle Berry's sci-fi drama. I'm about 6 episodes in and I'm surprised at how good it is.

12 Monkeys is turning out to be pretty good too, despite my early reservations.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 04:21 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
currently working my way through all of the Sharpe series of movies, i watched a few of them as a youngster in the 90s, but never watched them all, quite shocked how many there are and amazed at the production value , its just a bit weird seeing Sean Bean consistently make it to the end of every movie without being killed.
The Books are also fantastic, (and may be only slightly better than the tv shows for the last chapter that talks about the real heros that Sharpe took the place off in the real wars)

post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 04:29 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

No for what Iam realy watching at the moment:

Archer - The New episodes on FX. Feeling not as great as the last one, but its still work a few laughts.

Psych - Finishing the Last Run on Net-Flix's.

Burn Notice- Takeing a break from the ever spinning loop of Leverage for a slightly silly TV for when I dont want to pay full attention.

As I start the night Shift tommrow night, I will be staying up all night tonigt so will be trying to watch House of Cards and Justified.. maybe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode