Sons of Anarchy - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-14, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Sons of Anarchy

As a few people know, I absolutely bum off this show. I think it's possibly the greatest ever television series, and as far as I'm concerned Kurt Sutter is god-made-manifest.

I've literally just finished watching the most recent (4th) episode of the 7th and final series, and holy shit. That was possibly the greatest cliffhanger that wasn't at the end. I'm not going to spoil it, but I honestly wonder what Jax and the crew can do.

Also, I think the episode is extremely open etc with regards to other social taboo's, and I'm happy to see Tig and Venus (the transgender lass) finally being approached like it should have been, and approached really well, after the fairly laddish attitude from earlier - I can only hope that following the mayhem which has just happened that it's not just brushed aside and forgotten about (although "knowing" Kurt Sutter, that's extremely unlikely to happen). As a friend of mine has recently come out, it's pretty on-point, and it's nice to see that one of my favourite programs on fairly mainstream media has been as "accepting" about it as it is. So bravo.

But in regards to that ending - holy shit - first of all after being tailed, then the ice cream shop, and then diosa - fuck me, roll on next week! Cannae wait!

I love this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-14, 02:44 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Just finished season six on dvd......

I must now once again play the spoiler-dodging game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-14, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Urgh, Season 6 was horrendous for me, as I followed the page on facebook, only to recieve the next day a million updates about what happened from the very same page - really pissed me off.

I hope I've kept it vague enough for y'all, and I was going to wait until DVD release, but decided I couldn't wait so turned to pirating - although I've got to point out that I will be buying the DVD when it's released - got to get my fix ASAP XD. Still going to be supporting the show, although a bit of me is a bit sad knowing that this is the last series of SoA. Come on Kurt, what ya got in store next?

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-14, 02:51 PM

Yup, I spent the whole season waiting on about five frikkin' spoilers to come true. And yep, they did.

Still, there were a few parts that made me genuinely sit up and go "Jesus fucking Christ!!!!"*

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-14, 03:00 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

This season is going to implode with Jax-rage. I gotta watch episode 4 apparently!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-14, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

@ntaw, yeah, Nero says something about that, which was really spot on - about no longer for revenge, but because he enjoys it. It's honestly turning into Hamlet on bikes, and the threads are so complex and subtle that it's such a massive shock with the events in S07E4 that it's turned so all out violent - which despite the tagline and the reviews, is something that the Sons have rarely been - usually being more clinical and surgical with a minimum of collateral. Now though...

Quote:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-14, 11:54 PM

It's getting a bit silly imo. Excessive scheming that magically comes off or is magically stopped to prolong the series.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-14, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

And yet it still comes off well. It's actually intelligent, and something you need to follow on from, and unlike many shows, actually has the schemes answered.

I can't really think of one where they just "shemed for schemings sake", everything has an end goal that is produced.

The one thing that is a little unclear is how Jax and the rest of the SOA crew aren't on death row considering the number of crimes that they've commited and there is evidence about is actually longer and worse than many people already on death row. But other than the odd occasion when I've gone "hang on" as the fridge logic has kicked in (always afterwards, never during), within the next couple of weeks, it has been answered as to why that improbability happens.

Compare that to say coronation (who killed tina then? - ps the answer is me, I choked her with my massive cock)

Quote:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-14, 11:02 AM

@Vaz, the SoA board game just dropped onto my doorstep.

I'm about to open it up so I'll post up my thoughts on the stuff in the box

Quote:

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-14, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

Sounds alright, just had a quick google.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode