Good Shows That Became Disappointing - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-15, 10:33 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
I agree. I actually have lost interest during second season. Will Graham is totally being portrayed in an extreme light of what is supposed to be his strengths. Do you think the show it trying too hard? Thats my feeling.

In someways I think the show has done a good job of showing some extreme murders and being morbid in that regard. However, it tried to do the same with the characters. Will Graham's portrayal just seemed very stupid. I got really tired of him not knowing what the hell was going on pretty fast.

I might watch third season but I shall see.

In my mind it just doesn't work that Will Graham know who the murder is. I mean... the beginning of Red Dragon clearly has a purpose. The series destroyed that purpose I feel because I think they realized the show was dragging. Its like.... do I like the beginning of Red Dragon or did I like the way Graham found out who the murder was?

If you think about it like that, the series is almost a complete failure.
It's been years since I've seen Red Dragon. I honestly barely remember the premise of the film, let alone what happens.

As for the show, I think Will Graham isn't particularly interesting. His "power" is a little stupid and unrealistic. They may as well call him a psychic. Whereas Hannibal approaches crime investigation from a psychiatric/psychological perspective, Graham has much of that knowledge and yet isn't applying it. Instead he can magically recreate the crimes and that's just silly.

There are some shows that really shouldn't stretch out beyond a single season. The second season was quite a stretch, the 3rd has just become boring. They've exhausted the exciting aspects of the show. Grisly murders are cool and all, but not really a good basis for a show.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-20-15, 06:26 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Couldn't possibly disagree more, I think Hannibal is the best show on TV right now. But each to their own.

I can think of two shows that became disappointing for me after enough time;

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Too much teenage angst and uninteresting plots, at least to me, plus the departure of David Boreanaz after Season 3 made the seasons after that lose a lot of what made early Buffy so good.

Defiance - Really great start for this show but as it went on it got worse and worse with plots becoming nonsensical, characters becoming caricatures of their worst traits, and so on. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was disappointing and what i've read of Season 3 sounds abysmal.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 01:42 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

It's far from being disappointing, but Game of Thrones has been declining a bit in my eyes over the past 2 seasons, especially season 5. It's just felt really rushed and some of the non-book plots are just so terribly written.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-15, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

I am at the verge of putting "The Strain" on that list. I think it had a horrific attitude in terms of a show that really made its audience feel an apocalypse theme.

But I feel some of the characters are a bit silly. The main characters son of example is a moron. I hope he dies a painful horrible death for being an idiot.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-15, 06:58 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Last Ship. I'm not sure if i should list this since the title of the thread is 'Good Shows that became disappoing' and while TLS wasn't good, i found it midly interestnig . Problem is the main premise got wrapped up towards the end of the first season, and the end of the first season changed the story complete. And then the ending of the first episode is entirly wrapped up with 2 episodes of the second season. The second season just seemed to be a mess, the idea that alot of America could be won over by a cult like that within such a short space of time seems insane to me. And the fact it has a 3rd season beggars belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-16-15, 11:54 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
The Last Ship. I'm not sure if i should list this since the title of the thread is 'Good Shows that became disappoing' and while TLS wasn't good, i found it midly interestnig . Problem is the main premise got wrapped up towards the end of the first season, and the end of the first season changed the story complete. And then the ending of the first episode is entirly wrapped up with 2 episodes of the second season. The second season just seemed to be a mess, the idea that alot of America could be won over by a cult like that within such a short space of time seems insane to me. And the fact it has a 3rd season beggars belief.
I quite enjoyed The Last Ship. The fact that the country needs to be rebuilt from scratch means that there's a couple more seasons left in it yet, so long as viewer figures keep up.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode