Good Shows That Became Disappointing - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-14, 12:46 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hmm.

X-Files for sure.

The Simpson's - it's still on and it's now sort of a parody of itself. There was a time in the 1990's/early 2000's when the Simpson's was an amazingly literate critique of American culture. It may have been the best show on American tv at one point.

Carnivale - one of HBO's early attempts at serious television. It was abruptly canceled after 2 seasons without any closure, just as things were really about to get going.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-16-14, 11:16 PM

fotoshark's Flag is: Canada

Z Nation from the first episode and consistently plummeting into worse to the end lol
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-17-14, 02:02 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I don't watch much TV and my two I came in here to mention have already been discussed- Lost and Doctor Who.

Lost... if only they didn't have any supernatural stuff going on. Some kind of secret conspiracy involving the scientists on the island would have been fine, but smoke monsters flying around and time traveling was just ludicrous.

With Doctor Who it fell apart after Tennant left, everyone knows that. The first couple of series of Smith I gave it a real go and didn't want to be one of those people complaining, but it was undeniably worse. From that point I started to find all of the characters irritating, the stories boring or too weird and usually when I've tried to watch it in the last couple of years I almost always end up doing this halfway through:

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-05-15, 11:47 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Eureka - one of the few fluffy series I ever really liked,
when they decided to end it they utterly ballsed up the last series

Doctor Who - about 2 minutes after Tennant showed up, it gets worse as well

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 10:55 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

Alcatraz- WTF this show should have been gold but axed after 1 season....

chuck- yes it kinda ended pretty weak & the chuck 2.0 they could have worked more with

The thing is sometimes they get everything right with a series & the 1 that springs to mind now is the following- damn they got that completely right with the entire time frame with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 11:23 PM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Red Dwarf.
Seasons 1-6 were great. Everything after that was just painful. Especially after they brought in Kochanski. It completely destroyed the whole program.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-15, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

House of Cards kind of got lame. I just didn't feel the fire. I don't know what it is. I heard it was the same of the original.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-15, 07:00 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
The Simpsons - it's still on and it's now sort of a parody of itself. There was a time in the 1990's/early 2000's when the Simpson's was an amazingly literate critique of American culture. It may have been the best show on American tv at one point.
Yes. From my childhood, I remember the episode where Bart and Tony Hawk are flying in the air and fighting with skateboards as the moment they jumped the shark. I'll chuckle every now and then when watching a new episode, but they're so dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoshark View Post
Z Nation from the first episode and consistently plummeting into worse to the end lol
Haha seriously! Those last few episodes smelled like a rotting zombie in the deep south.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-15, 06:08 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I'm not really enjoying the third season of Hannibal. It's only 2 episodes in, but they're losing me.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-15, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
I'm not really enjoying the third season of Hannibal. It's only 2 episodes in, but they're losing me.

I agree. I actually have lost interest during second season. Will Graham is totally being portrayed in an extreme light of what is supposed to be his strengths. Do you think the show it trying too hard? Thats my feeling.

In someways I think the show has done a good job of showing some extreme murders and being morbid in that regard. However, it tried to do the same with the characters. Will Graham's portrayal just seemed very stupid. I got really tired of him not knowing what the hell was going on pretty fast.

I might watch third season but I shall see.

In my mind it just doesn't work that Will Graham know who the murder is. I mean... the beginning of Red Dragon clearly has a purpose. The series destroyed that purpose I feel because I think they realized the show was dragging. Its like.... do I like the beginning of Red Dragon or did I like the way Graham found out who the murder was?

If you think about it like that, the series is almost a complete failure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode