Good Shows That Became Disappointing - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-20-14, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Craw-Daddy

Sopranos is definitely another one.

Firefly was okay. I enjoyed watching it because I couldn't find anything else to watch but it didn't seem to have a strong back ground of fluff like the Stargates or most other stuff on Sci Fi at the time. Even Farscape had more background than Firefly. I would say that Serenity was pretty awesome. If they had introduced more lore in the shows I think it could have continued. But to be fair, a lot of science fiction shows were being hit at that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-14, 06:40 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dexter, 24, lost,2 and a half men ( though you could argue it was shit to begin with but I liked it), heros, started really well with the save the cheerleader save the world arc, then the second season was rushed out and was poor, then got better but then got shit canned because the audience had left.
The most perfect tv series sofar has to be battle star galactica, 4 strong series and I finished it's story.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-21-14, 09:47 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Battlestar galactica. Seasons 1, 2, and the first half of season 3 are some of my favourite sci-fi to date. Season 4 is a complete mess, with the odd decent episode mixed in.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-22-14, 06:12 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
Battlestar galactica. Seasons 1, 2, and the first half of season 3 are some of my favourite sci-fi to date. Season 4 is a complete mess, with the odd decent episode mixed in.
I agree season 4 wasnt the strongest, but for me the fact the got to earth before the series was shit canned makes up for the fact it wasnt great, so many good shows get canned before they have had chance to mature simply because the networks have no confidence in them or the ratings didnt match expectations or some other equally bull shit reason.
I now actually check to see if a programme has been renewed or canned before I will start watching it, the number of times I have been burned by fox canning a good show half way through season one is staggering.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 02:25 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I agree season 4 wasnt the strongest, but for me the fact the got to earth before the series was shit canned makes up for the fact it wasnt great, so many good shows get canned before they have had chance to mature simply because the networks have no confidence in them or the ratings didnt match expectations or some other equally bull shit reason.
Fair enough. Season 4 was still better than 99% of TV, however the overall story was just weak compared to seasons 1-3. Some of the individual episode plots were awesome (I loved the mutiny episodes), and the action scenes were still great, it was just the overall story arc/ending I hated.

I guess it was better than getting no ending though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I now actually check to see if a programme has been renewed or canned before I will start watching it, the number of times I have been burned by fox canning a good show half way through season one is staggering.
Don't worry, Rupert Murdoch is going to the special hell.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 03:18 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

For me, Chuck. Now it might not have been the greatest show ever but I really enjoyed it. That being said the ending, and indeed most of the final season, really didn't hit him for me.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 05:00 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
For me, Chuck. Now it might not have been the greatest show ever but I really enjoyed it. That being said the ending, and indeed most of the final season, really didn't hit him for me.
I forgot about Chuck...the first 2-3 seasons were great, but after the whole "Chuck 2.0" started the series went downhill pretty quickly.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-14, 05:04 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheeviltwin View Post
I forgot about Chuck...the first 2-3 seasons were great, but after the whole "Chuck 2.0" started the series went downhill pretty quickly.
That's true. Ruined the whole dynamic they'd been working with.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-14, 11:46 PM

The X-Files. Dragged on way to long.
Lost. Gave up watching long before the series finished.
18, err I mean 24. Same old same old right from the start.
Walking Dead - last season I was the watching dead.
Continuum - managed a couple of episodes of this season, meh.
Las Vegas - Should have ended with Big Ed.
V - should have ended after the first episode.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-14, 01:40 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Chuck- Really liked the show when it first came out. The girl I was just in love with from the first episode. And then she was on Dexter which just made it icing on the cake for me.
Spartacus- With the death of the origional actor, I really lost interest in the show.
Voyagers- Not sure if anyone remembers this show. It is what Quantum Leap (great show!) was based off of. The main actor died after the first season, so they didn't renew the show. Was really good though.
Lost- After about the 8th episode when they kept throwing hints out there but NEVER FETHING ANSWERING A SINGLE THING, I walked away.
Heros- See above.
Las Vegas- I agree, after Ed left, the show just went to crap
Air Wolf- That helicopter was pure badass! They got 2 or 3 seasons in and then the one guy went to prison for beating his wife. That just killed it right there, never renewed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode