First pictures; The new Turtles and Shredder - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Default First pictures; The new Turtles and Shredder

So as many of you probably know, Michael Bay is making a new Turtle movie. There has been a lot of controversy regarding this feature, as he originally stated that he wanted them to be aliens, but changed his mind after a epic internet backlash. Now only the slime is of alien origin.

Regardless, people have been pretty sour about this whole ordeal - That is until the first images of the new Turtles and Shredder hit this morning:

Turtles

Shredder

I have to say I really like the look he's going for - Especially Shredder who look badass! I am looking forward to seeing how William Fichtner will portray him, but the visuals are down, no question about it.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 08:34 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Shredder. Hell yes!

Turtles, um not so much. I may change my mind as they might grow on me, but the fact is the movie will probably 98% explosions and ineffectual gunfire, 1.5% dialogue and 0.5% plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 10:01 AM

You missed out shaky cam and shit attempts at humour.

Like in transformers, wheelie trying to hump megan fox's leg. Or Devastator having robot testicles. Or shoehorning attempts at masterbation jokes in. Or trying to make Jar Jar Binks in robot form (skidz and mudflap, I'm looking at you)

I like the look he's going for with the characters in this so thats something up on transformers at least. I really hope this is a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
50% explosions and ineffectual gunfire
1.5% dialogue
0.5% plot
25% shaky cam (filmed from behind posts due to going over budget - seriously, watch the end of TF2)
23% bad attempts at comedy
Fixed

Last edited by Gret79; 01-29-14 at 10:09 AM.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 10:07 AM

We'll go with your list

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 11:28 AM

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

I'm just glad Mr. Bay heard the cry of true Turtle fans and changed them from...aliens back to turtles. But he's giving the ooze alien origin, so there will be aliens in it obviously.

Here's a shot of Megan Fox as April standing next to one of the turtles.

01000110011011110111001000100000011101000110100001 10010100100000011001110111001001100101011000010111 01000110010101110010001000000110011101101111011011 110110010000100001
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 11:42 AM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

Ol Chrome Dome looks pretty badass. Dont see how the samurai gimmick applies to a white boy however.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

One thing I do like, when looking at the turtles, is that they even seem to have different physique and poses from each other, that compliments their mentality.

If you look at Donatello, for example, and compare him to Raphael. Donatello is pretty slim whereas Raphael is bulky as all hell. If the images are something to go by, the pose also tells us something about their personality - Raphael looks like someone who will just jump in and beat the snot out of you with his bare hands like a freakin' bear, where Donatello looks more like the typical Bruce Lee martial artist.

I really hope he does something like that - It would compliment their personalities more than they previous incarnations and would give them some spark
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 11:48 AM

Donatello was always something of a pacifist in the series

Doesn't mean he wouldn't fight though

Quote:

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Donatello was always something of a pacifist in the series
Aye, but apart from the headband there wasn't a single thing that separated the turtles in terms of appearance. That's what I like that is being changed
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-14, 11:57 AM

True.
If Donatello looks smaller compared to the sizes of the others but gets to have an epic fight to show he's just as hard, I'll be happy

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode