47 Ronin - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-14, 07:01 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Yeah same here, also the same reason I refuse to play Assassin Creed 3. You can hardly compare the inaccuracies of Braveheart to 47 Ronin having a white guy as the central character though. Regardless it would be good if Hollywood would stop taking liberties with things, it's getting pretty pants on retarded these days, I mean look at Hobbit 2 and the pointless inclusion of Legolas (and your inter-species love story).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-14, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

jams's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
...and your inter-species love story
i thought kiwis were into that kind of thing?

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-14, 04:15 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Hobbit 2
1 small book = 3 films.
3 big books = 3 films.

Sorry Mr Jackson, I think you've got your mathematics wrong.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-14, 08:17 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
i thought kiwis were into that kind of thing?
Some more than others it seems. Why he couldn't just have one of Dwarves (probably Bifur) in the back of shot giving a sheep one and been done with it I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
1 small book = 3 films.
3 big books = 3 films.

Sorry Mr Jackson, I think you've got your mathematics wrong.....
It's not the three films thing that's "wrong" about it, there is more than enough content to fill three films in there especially with the apendixes (and no adding fatlando in there is not needed). The problem is what I call "Star Wars Prequel" Syndrome. That is you have three films to tell a story and spend the first one or two faffing about taking your sweet time doing fuck all in the way of advancing the plot and then you realise you only have one (or in Hobbit's case two) film to tell the rest of the story and so you end up rushing it, glossing over things and generally turning it into a fucking music video of plot points.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 03:48 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Again I'm reading people complaining about inaccuracies where we are talk g about a film that has a tau samurai and a dragon. Just in the trailer mind.

Anyone want to clear it up a little?

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 06:54 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Yea sure, 47 Ronin is an actual historical event. It's fairly well documented incident that between 1701 and 1703 where 47 Ronin swore revenge on the man reasonable for forcing their master to commit suicide (thus making them Ronin rather than Samurai), killed him and then, as law dictated, they themselves committed suicide.

When it happened in there was no tau samurai, no dragon and certainly no half caste white guy running around with them taking all the glory.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 07:12 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
When it happened in there was no tau samurai, no dragon and certainly no half caste white guy running around with them taking all the glory.
You're wrong.

Hollywood says so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 11:28 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Cheers Dude now it makes sense haha.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 10:27 AM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Honestly one of the best movies I have ever seen, something I definetly wasn't expecting. I loved the visuals and the way they portayed Japanese customs, even the tiniest details and a beautifull ending. 5/5 from me!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 10:35 AM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Some more than others it seems. Why he couldn't just have one of Dwarves (probably Bifur) in the back of shot giving a sheep one and been done with it I don't know.

It's not the three films thing that's "wrong" about it, there is more than enough content to fill three films in there especially with the apendixes (and no adding fatlando in there is not needed). The problem is what I call "Star Wars Prequel" Syndrome. That is you have three films to tell a story and spend the first one or two faffing about taking your sweet time doing fuck all in the way of advancing the plot and then you realise you only have one (or in Hobbit's case two) film to tell the rest of the story and so you end up rushing it, glossing over things and generally turning it into a fucking music video of plot points.
Could we please not talk about The Hobbit part 2? I'm pretty sure that anyone who has read the book was suffering from an alarming high blood pressure during that movie and I will gladly rip out Peter Jacksons spine if I ever get the chance^^. Seriously they managed to bring my blood to boiling point 5mins in when they had Orcs chasing down the group IN BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT, something they told the audience in the Lord of the Rings Orcs cannot do. I guess there really was no need for Saruman to go through all the trouble of breeding an Orc that could withstand sunlight>.> AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

/rant ok I'm done now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode