RIP Fast & Furious actor Paul Walker - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-13, 03:26 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Tbh, he was alright.

RiP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-13, 10:08 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

There's a very small list of people I would genuinely wish death upon. He isn't one of them.

However, when it comes to somebody being blown to bits in a fast car that was clearly being driven just a weeny bit too fast, I still - like Deathklokk - have not a shred of sympathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-13, 10:13 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

This mirrors my thoughts on the matter.

Our society is retarded, has been for awhile.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 08:26 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

personally i dont see anything wrong in out pouring of grief when someone famous dies, i have to admit i was really gutted when we lost Freddy Mercury, i think you form some kind of connection to them because of what they do and because they have have an positive effect on your life, i can think of a few actors who i will be pretty devastated when they pass, but then again i teared up when i saw the pictures of those children who were killed by chemical weapons i had no connection with the people of syria but im a father so i choked up, had it been adults i would be the first to admit it would be sad, but hardly out of the ordinary for our world.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 09:32 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
This mirrors my thoughts on the matter.

***Picture***

Our society is retarded, has been for awhile.
To be fair, this can be said about practically anything that happens. Any tragedy, any catastrophe, any crisis or death can be totally negated by the atrocities that happens around the world at any given time. If we were to put everything into perspective, roughly 93,8% (personal estimation, all rights reserved) of the worlds population would go into a deep depression.

People can relate to what is right in front of them. They can relate to the death of a celebrity, to the fall of a major company (You remember how the entire USA went batshit over the demise of the Twinky?) or a hurricane that hit a popular city. They react to the tragedy to show their support, because they can relate to that one incident. It is not wrong, it is not false - It is mostly genuine support and sorrow that is displayed. That we should never take away from them, as it does show genuine humanity.

Because everyone doesn't react to all the world horrors (the hurricane that hit recently? Its a baby storm compared to what is happening other places) it doesn't mean people don't care. It means that they cannot fathom all the tragedy and they filter it out. When they get faced with one exposed by the media, they react, as it is right in front of them.

I don't see why people react so strongly to people sorrow over this matter. He was a guy that many people knew of, and of course it's easier to relate to that. It's simple protective mentality - Otherwise nothing that ever happened would matter, as there's always that one war or hunger that trumps it.

Last edited by Nordicus; 12-03-13 at 09:36 AM.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 12:52 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
so your saying your not a fan?
That made me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
To be fair, this can be said about practically anything that happens. Any tragedy, any catastrophe, any crisis or death can be totally negated by the atrocities that happens around the world at any given time. If we were to put everything into perspective, roughly 93,8% (personal estimation, all rights reserved) of the worlds population would go into a deep depression.

People can relate to what is right in front of them. They can relate to the death of a celebrity, to the fall of a major company (You remember how the entire USA went batshit over the demise of the Twinky?) or a hurricane that hit a popular city. They react to the tragedy to show their support, because they can relate to that one incident. It is not wrong, it is not false - It is mostly genuine support and sorrow that is displayed. That we should never take away from them, as it does show genuine humanity.

Because everyone doesn't react to all the world horrors (the hurricane that hit recently? Its a baby storm compared to what is happening other places) it doesn't mean people don't care. It means that they cannot fathom all the tragedy and they filter it out. When they get faced with one exposed by the media, they react, as it is right in front of them.

I don't see why people react so strongly to people sorrow over this matter. He was a guy that many people knew of, and of course it's easier to relate to that. It's simple protective mentality - Otherwise nothing that ever happened would matter, as there's always that one war or hunger that trumps it.
Could not give you rep so just posting my rep here. That was a good post.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-13, 08:32 PM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

Im a big fan (and this thread is more than a little offensive). Remember the Buster!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-13, 09:24 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m01iti0n View Post
Im a big fan (and this thread is more than a little offensive)
Tears dry. Wounds heal. Suck it up buttercup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-13, 10:53 PM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

Making a mockery of anybodys death, be it Paul Walker, Nelson Mandela, starving kids, Fred from down the street, whoever, is innapproriate in the highest degree. Thats not on me, its on those who cause the disrespect.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-13, 11:22 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I can think of quite a list of peoples deaths I would celebrate that wouldn't be inappropriate in the slightest.

Joseph Fritzl
Charles Manson
Peter Sutcliffe
Jimmy Saville
Ian Watkins
Harold Shipman
Ian Brady

to name a few. Then there is a list of celebrities whose deaths I would hardly call tragic and would probably say it's a good thing as it stops them from continueing to plague the world with their own personal brand of ego inflationary bullshit:

Anybody with the last name Kardasian (or however you spell it, judging by the size of their asses it probably has the word "butter" in it).
Kayne West
Beiber
Miley Cyrus
Robin Thicke
Jedward
One Directon
Pretty much every Politican ever to live (except the President of Venuzula, he seems like a good sort).

The list goes on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode