Thor 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thor 2

Great movie, alot better than the first film, has everything you want and expect from a comic book movie.
thoroughly enjoyed it , watched it in 3d, cant say it added much but without watching it in 2d it would be hard to say, some excellent action scenes, no time wasted on setting up Thor and the back stories etc, just a little bit at the start telling you about the villain and his agenda then its straight into balls to the wall action and adventure, Everyone seems 10 x more bad ass than the last film, Loki as always steals the show and provides some excellent comedy moments .

Also the score for the movie is excellent and really powerful, i may just purchase that for the car.

seriously go see it and enjoy it

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 03:55 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hopefully going to see it tomorrow. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 04:14 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hey Bits, thanks for the review. I'm glad it turned out better than I had heard!

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 06:07 PM
Rattlehead

I still think the Thor series should be called the Loki series. He absolutely steals the show.

Mind you, Christopher Eccleston was surprisingly excellent as Malekith. I wasn't so sure on him at first, but he surpassed my expectations in a big way.

Dumb lovable comedy pair and zany scientist were complete crap. Loki adds excellent, intelligent humour; they were simply obnoxious.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 07:14 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

nice review bits i wouldn't mind seeing it anyway as i have seen all the other the ones.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 07:51 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I really enjoyed this one, a good blend of action and comedy - I was afraid they would lose the tone of the first film now that Thor is more responsible and can't do his 'fish out of water' routine, but to my surprise they actually increased the comedic elements and stayed away from the SHIELD stuff.

Ultimately i thought the plot was a bit throwaway, literally anyone could have been the bad guy and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference, but that worked in it's favour to some extent. It was refreshing to have the evil character introduced and the plot setup in 5 minutes rather than force feeding us 30 minutes of backstory.

Winter soldier looked pretty good on the big screen too

With regard to 3D it's not worth it on this title, it's about as effective as the first film, which isn't saying much. Save your 3D pennies for Gravity, which is pretty damn stunning

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 08:04 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd say this is up there with the best Marvel films, comedy was good, action was good, everything was good, twists and turns were good, the film wasn't spoiled by trailers. Top notch.

I watched it in 2D and it was great, I didn't miss the 3D experience, in fact I find 3D to be more of a negative than a positive.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

At this point i dont want to list anything too specific, but there are some things to watch out for if you are heading to see it this weekend or in the near future,one obviously stay past the credits, there are two extra bits (or should be), the first one introduces a character who has tons of potential for the future and when you realise whos playing the character it might be a bit of a shock i had a "is that ......?, by jingo it is".

another thing i quite liked that i think you should watch for is "combat" now generally we are not short of bad ass heros who can swing a weapon in movies, but there are some scence with certain characters fighting that really made me sit up and say "well i wasnt expecting that from them"

Lastly there are a few scenes that really reminded me of warhammer and 40k, in one of the opening scenes thor is helping out and the chaps they are fighting have a very warhammer chaos feel to them, watch out for them and the dark elves felt quite dark eldar to me, not surprising as they are both elves and dark i suppose, but as they are space fairing scifi elves they really felt how i envision Dark Eldar to be, i cant really go into detail until alot more people see the movie, but if you watch the movie hopefully you will kinda understand what i mean, i dont know if the writer drew any influence from GW directly or if GW and the Writer borrowed from another dark elf scifi source, but thor 2 dark elves are possibly the closest depiction of dark eldar i have seen on screen.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 10:33 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

I was intending to see it last weekend and didn't.
Hopefully I'll be seeing it on Saturday, providing I've got rid of this stomach bug by then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 11:17 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
At this point i dont want to list anything too specific, but there are some things to watch out for if you are heading to see it this weekend or in the near future,one obviously stay past the credits, there are two extra bits (or should be), the first one introduces a character who has tons of potential for the future and when you realise whos playing the character it might be a bit of a shock i had a "is that ......?, by jingo it is".

another thing i quite liked that i think you should watch for is "combat" now generally we are not short of bad ass heros who can swing a weapon in movies, but there are some scence with certain characters fighting that really made me sit up and say "well i wasnt expecting that from them"

Lastly there are a few scenes that really reminded me of warhammer and 40k, in one of the opening scenes thor is helping out and the chaps they are fighting have a very warhammer chaos feel to them, watch out for them and the dark elves felt quite dark eldar to me, not surprising as they are both elves and dark i suppose, but as they are space fairing scifi elves they really felt how i envision Dark Eldar to be, i cant really go into detail until alot more people see the movie, but if you watch the movie hopefully you will kinda understand what i mean, i dont know if the writer drew any influence from GW directly or if GW and the Writer borrowed from another dark elf scifi source, but thor 2 dark elves are possibly the closest depiction of dark eldar i have seen on screen.
My friends and I immediately said we could make a dark elf or dark eldar army out of using the Sisters of Slaughter masks from the new dark elf box, their masks are very reminiscent of them in the film.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode