new movies that are full of themselves. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-13, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Default new movies that are full of themselves.

Why does the middle eastern fanatics think this is okay, but anything insulting their god or saviors are not?

http://theasatrucommunity.org/2013/0...vie-vikingdom/

to summerize, this movie portrays everything inverse to the truth. It feels like a massive propaganda brainwashing, especially since they claim its based on reality, even though everything in the myths portray the exact opposite of their claims. it sickens me that the most vocal about their own god being brought down, would bring THIS into their mainstream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-13, 10:43 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Because they believe they are right and everyone else's idea is little less than a joke so they don't see they are doing anything wrong here. Not to mention it is accepted and even encouraged to lie to unbelievers so a false representation of someone else's religious ideas is right up their street.

They are the most hateful and intolerant religion going. You are right that they would kick off if it was their religion and they should have some empathy but they don't see it that way.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-13, 02:44 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

And they're..... really trying to say they based the movie off of the myths and history of the Norse? Really? Wow...... anything to mislead the sheep who will believe anything or don't know any better.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

http://theasatrucommunity.org/2013/0...ingdom-update/

aaaand, heres their bullshit response and another response from the kind folks over at asatru community.

If they want to see extreme acts based on this film, maybe someone should call for THEIR heads for a cash reward like innocence of muslims had.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 01:09 PM

No because then you would be a hateful intolerant racist. See how they do that?

W-L-D
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

pretty much, but it seems its the only language those ignorant pricks understand
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 05:27 PM

Yep! I have no qualms with telling them I find their religion abhorrent. I welcome them getting agitated about it. Take a swing. Give me an excuse.

W-L-D
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 06:58 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

You could just...not care, its really not an important issue, somebody makes a Shitty film, somebody complains, such is life, the world keeps turning.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 07:36 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

meh its nothing new that the Asatru community overreacts on movies and other fiction, taking things to serious and to personal. I for one preffer to enjoy the fiction the way it is supposed to be enjoyed, (hopefully) good entertainment that isnt to be taken to seriously.

on hte movie itself, the concept sounds ridiculus, especialy noting that one of those "artifacts" bears the name of a christian saint. how would thor have to get his hammer back? its his most priced possession he almost sleeps with it under his pillow, as a matter of speech that is.he only lost it once in the myths and thats only due to Loki's bastard tricks.

I choose to not take the movie serious, and to not be offended by the falseness of the "based on". its not my ignorance. above all its a waste of energy to wind youreself up over it. you could be doing something good, productive and/or fun instead.

Last edited by Haskanael; 09-21-13 at 07:45 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-13, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

the offensive part is that if you go check the movie on IMDB they claim to be based on historic FACTS. There are plenty of people in the asatru community who are quite calm and cool and dont overreact to most "interpretations" of the myths. including the Thor comics and the new movies that he appears in. The issues are not with someone using our myths as reference, its being ignorant enough to not only twist everything to its polar opposite to further push your own religion, and state its based on actual fact of history and the eddas.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode