WWE...what happened? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-13, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

kharn_the_blood_god's Flag is: Denmark

Default WWE...what happened?

So, yeah.
What the duck? I started watching when i was, 10, and my god, it was AWESOME. I loved Kane, as this big red monster. but...what happened. Its like WWE has gone from being awesome, raw (pound intended) and manly to...well...PG. and don't get me started on Cena. Im sure hes a cool guy, and i do respect how much charity he does but....does he really need to be so...face.

So, what happened? why did WWE go to PG? and when will it end?
And will kane ever be awesome again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-13, 01:22 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Law Suits man, thats all it is. They have to pull punches, and all their "kill moves" are things basic stuntmen can do. In other words their Glorified Body Builders who are Stuntmen. Yup, sums it up.

Story lines have gotten interesting though, their returning to a "Raw at War" type theme with Triple H being the bad guy. Not all that great, but wish they'd brin Brock Lesner back full time. F-5 Tornado baby!

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-13, 11:22 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I lost interest over ten years ago (not because it was bad, I just had other things going on)- what's changed? I remember during the attitude era they started using 'bad' language a lot more, clearly bought into the idea (fact) that sex sells and practically every match seemed to involve deadly weapons- is all that gone? Watching a documentary about the era recently I saw it mentioned that they were aiming for the 13-30 market. That isn't the case any more?

Anyway, recently I've been watching a lot of old PPV events I remember from my youth. Started at the 1996 Royal Rumble (about 6 months before my time) and I'm just past 1998's Wrestlemania. It's pretty interesting seeing it as an adult when the last time I saw those events I wasn't even out of primary school
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-13, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
I lost interest over ten years ago (not because it was bad, I just had other things going on)- what's changed? I remember during the attitude era they started using 'bad' language a lot more, clearly bought into the idea (fact) that sex sells and practically every match seemed to involve deadly weapons- is all that gone? Watching a documentary about the era recently I saw it mentioned that they were aiming for the 13-30 market. That isn't the case any more?

Anyway, recently I've been watching a lot of old PPV events I remember from my youth. Started at the 1996 Royal Rumble (about 6 months before my time) and I'm just past 1998's Wrestlemania. It's pretty interesting seeing it as an adult when the last time I saw those events I wasn't even out of primary school
Its basically PG, which means, that its made for 13 years old, no blood, no swearing and most awesome moves are banned (okay i understand that, they are dangerous).
But its actually, going somewhere, with its Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan/Triple H things. lets hope.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-13, 10:44 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

One of the best aspects of wrestling is seeing crazy moves and thinking 'How the hell did they pull that off??' Still, I can't complain about them making it safer for the wrestlers. It's pretty tragic seeing how many of them die way before their time
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-13, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

I understand why they made so many moves, illegal, but its still sad. But seriously, the only thin im really pissed over is the PG thing.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 02:40 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharn_the_blood_god View Post
Its basically PG,
Good point, i miss the days of Stone Cold Steve Austin bringing Beer Trucks in and spraying his competition while cussing at the top of his lungs. ah....good times

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 07:26 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

i stopped watching it after Owen Hart died, lost interest in it and i couldn't believe that they would have even let him do that stunt let alone anything else. I always thought McMann thought more about the money then he did the Wrestlers....so i haven't watched it since. Aside from Familiar names to me like Triple H, Kane and the Undertaker, i have no idea who any of them are any more.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 02:19 AM

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

I used to be super into it, had the official magazine, the action figures etc. I always liked Mankind, I felt most connect to him since I was always an outcast. But when it became a soap opera with the McMahon/Triple H garbage I decided to move on to other stuff.

01000110011011110111001000100000011101000110100001 10010100100000011001110111001001100101011000010111 01000110010101110010001000000110011101101111011011 110110010000100001
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 11:40 AM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

The golden era for me was Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz TCL matches, and all the hardcore matches and then Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H, Mick Foley and the Hell in the Cell matches. I stopped watching once most these people went and they stopped hardcore matches and went all PG13 so McMahon could run for Republican Party...
I've tried watching it again but it just seems cack now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode