WWE...what happened? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-13, 08:59 PM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

I quit when WCW got bought out. Everything went downhill from that point onward. I used to watch TNA instead but I just couldnt stay excited over wrestling anymore.

Good to see Ultimate Warrior in the new WWE game commercial however. He will ALWAYS be my favorite wrestler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-13, 05:49 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
I remember during the attitude era they started using 'bad' language a lot more, clearly bought into the idea (fact) that sex sells and practically every match seemed to involve deadly weapons- is all that gone?
For WWE.....yes. It is gone for good and probably will not return until the company is broken up. Not just the cussing and all that but Mr. MacMann thought that the company should be focused on reaching out to the "Family Living Room." While we can debate whether this killed the show or not in terms of popularity is conjecture. The cold hard fact is that it brought in millions of more revenue when parents started to get involved with their kids; not just the Nerds/Geeks/Wrestling Fans. For all the decisions he has made, none of us can debate that Mr. MacMann's decisions wasn't right; the man is RICH!!!

Hooowwweeevvvveeerrr....................Impact Wrestling, headed by Hulk Hogan and his daughter, is in full swing. Most of the Wrestlers cling to the traditional style of fighting. Weapons and tables are common place and wrestlers actually bleed on stage almost ever episode. Additionally they have no problem being, "Manly," and will cuss and fight over the stupidest shit. So if it's traiditonal hardcore Wrestling you want then focus on Impact on TnT. If it's mass media and popular studs you want (or all my fellow Undertaker fans) then watch WWE. Either way you get a show each time.

Though we need for BROCK LESNER. BROCK LLLEESSSNNNEEERRRRR!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharn_the_blood_god View Post
But its actually, going somewhere, with its Randy Orton/Daniel Bryan/Triple H things. lets hope.
\

Not really, it has stalled in my honest opinion. They are going to a sort of "Biker Undertaker" attitude type approach and it is getting very....annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken's_Fist View Post
Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz TCL matches
BOOOOOOOOO, those "BOYZ" needed to get washed out bro. Besides, the Dengal Gang is much more interesting with their Bayou "Mystics." :p

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode