Peter Capaldi to be the 12th Doctor. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-13, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Default Peter Capaldi to be the 12th Doctor.

So... the replacement for Matt Smith has been announced to be Peter Capaldi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23570354

Personally, I think they've made a big mistake here. He's never been in anything that I've liked, and that includes his stints in the fires of Pompeii Doctor Who episode, and his appearance in Torchwood's Children of Earth arc.... Hell. I'd rather they'd have made the Doctor a black woman then Capaldi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-13, 06:54 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Who?........should of picked Ross Kemp

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-13, 07:27 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hm interesting. I'll give the show another try when he comes on, I haven't enjoyed a DW episode since David Tennant left. The writing just got childish and annoying. Perhaps things will be different now.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-04-13, 11:32 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I might be actually tempted to watch this now. It's always been a bit too light for me, hopefully PC changes that. He was the best thing about the Thick of It and loved him as Sid's Dad in the first two seasons of Skins.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-13, 12:48 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

So who is Peter Capaldi and what has he been in that I might have seen?

I didn't get around to seeing Children of Earth (didn't realise it was on UKTV here and only saw part of the last episode of it as a result. UKTV is where the Eastenders, Hollyoaks, and all the other dismal soaps and TV shows live).

I don't think I saw "fires of pompeii" - but I've never been a die-hard who fan who had to watch every episode. There were times I'd rather watch warehouse 13 than who (and I don't like WH13).

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-13, 07:07 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

This is actually pretty interesting, having not seen anything from Capaldi in the past (aside from appearance in DW), I've been watching a few of his clips on Youtube, and aside from me now wanting to see The Thick of It, I think he'd be a great choice.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-13, 12:19 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Link less than helpful to those outside the UK.
The beeb has declared that us former colonials can't watch the clip.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-13, 05:35 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

hes a strong and capable actor and will give back us back the more traditional older doctor , i think its a good move, hopefully we might a shift in the writing towards a more mature story lines rather than mad cap running around and wearing a fez.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-13, 07:31 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

im glad he,s onboard and when they introduced him on sunday night he rubbed his collar
( this was a habit Hartnells Doctor used to do ) , hopefully this is a hint he,s taking it back to a more traditional doctor ( or just a nod at Dr Who,s history ) .
Was not keen on the lets run around using silly sentances ( bendy wendy timey wimey ??) type episodes we,ve been having and I hope to see a tad darker episodes in the new run .
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-13, 08:43 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I must admit, while he will probably make a great Doctor, that I'm a bit disheartened by this. And this is only due to Torchwood.

Now before I rant on, I know that all previous companions and Doctors have been on the show in some incarnation or another. But this guy's a different deal.

He was on one episode in Doctor Who (oh well, that's fine) but he was a major Character in Torchwood season 3. Seeing as Torchwood is a spinoff of Doctor Who and official Whovian universe canon, they are using the same actor from a major series in the same universe, to now portrait the Doctor? That's a stretch even for this series (which is saying alot).

I will look forward to see them adressing this, becuase otherwise it seems like they are completely ignoring Torchwood and all the canon in that series. And that would make me a very sad panda, as I enjoy that part of the Whovian universe too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode