Matt Smith Quits Doctor Who - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 11:37 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I heard he was meant to be the 8th Doctor, as that's the only one we've not see it true cannon on screen, and his books are considered a different continuity to the mainstream.

Plus, he was the Time War Doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's the popular theory, but who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if they said he was a future time lord or something, Dr Who is just that chaotic sometimes.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 11:54 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
I heard he was meant to be the 8th Doctor, as that's the only one we've not see it true cannon on screen, and his books are considered a different continuity to the mainstream.

Plus, he was the Time War Doctor.
i heard he fits in before christopher eccleston which pushes christopher to the tenth doctor, but who knows all will be revealed on the 23rd november.
cant wait
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 12:16 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post

i heard he fits in before christopher eccleston which pushes christopher to the tenth doctor, but who knows all will be revealed on the 23rd november.
cant wait
McGann is the 8th, Hurt is rumoured to be the 9th (before CE)
the "word" though is that the rumours about Hurt being the ninth Dr have been purposely released (It wouldn't be the first time this has happened to throw people off)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 01:04 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
McGann is the 8th, Hurt is rumoured to be the 9th (before CE)
the "word" though is that the rumours about Hurt being the ninth Dr have been purposely released (It wouldn't be the first time this has happened to throw people off)
yeah that what i heard , but i wouldn't be surprised if it a false lead
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 03:24 PM

Hence why I'm assuming he is he 8th Doctor. Afterall, he's only got the one TV appearance which is entirely canon according to RTD... so who knows how it'll play out.

Plus, as said, the 8th Doctor was the Time Wars Doctor, and he was meant to have died alone and companionless at the end of the time war... which fits with the whole Trenzalore thing we've seen. Plus.. he was the one who broke the promise of being The Doctor.... which again ties it with being the 8th and the Time Wars Doctor....

As for him being a Future Doctor... again I'd doubt that simply as the current Doctor knew him, which does imply he's defiantely a previous Doctor.

There is one thing though.. I remember reading somewhere that all Timelords who fought in the Time War were meant to be given a new full regeneration cycle.... ?
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 03:31 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

A possible idea for a future Doctor would be Tom Riley, who plays Da Vinci in the superb Da Vinci's Demons, he'd fit the bill quite nicely. As much as Cumberbatch is awesome, I don't want him to be on both Sherlock & Doctor Who as well especially with the fact that he's starting to become bigger.

I remember an author raising a problem on twitter a few days ago - we could do without a female Doctor, but we need more female writers. So far I believe Helen Raynor has been the only female Who writer in the current series, with her works receiving mixed receptions (Aliens of London/World War Three from Season 1, the Daleks two-part episode in Season 3, and The Sontaran Two Part story from Season 4) from fans. I'd love to see Gail Simone (Current Batgirl & The Movement writer for DC Comics do an episode, but I'm unaware if she has any interest in Doctor Who or has any experience as as a screenwriter.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Hence why I'm assuming he is he 8th Doctor. Afterall, he's only got the one TV appearance which is entirely canon according to RTD... so who knows how it'll play out.

Plus, as said, the 8th Doctor was the Time Wars Doctor, and he was meant to have died alone and companionless at the end of the time war... which fits with the whole Trenzalore thing we've seen. Plus.. he was the one who broke the promise of being The Doctor.... which again ties it with being the 8th and the Time Wars Doctor....

As for him being a Future Doctor... again I'd doubt that simply as the current Doctor knew him, which does imply he's defiantely a previous Doctor.

There is one thing though.. I remember reading somewhere that all Timelords who fought in the Time War were meant to be given a new full regeneration cycle.... ?
there are rumours that McGann filmed a regeneration scene very recently to be shown at the beginning of the november special, it does sound like McGann has filmed something anyway

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
there are rumours that McGann filmed a regeneration scene very recently to be shown at the beginning of the november special, it does sound like McGann has filmed something anyway
Problem is I know for a fact they like to give out disinformation about whats happening to throw people off, and earlier reports had suggested the only returning Doctor would be Tennant... McCoy said he'd been with the other 3 20th century doctors recently and said none of them had been asked to take part.

Anyone know where we can get a Tardis to make it November already?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-13, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Problem is I know for a fact they like to give out disinformation about whats happening to throw people off, and earlier reports had suggested the only returning Doctor would be Tennant... McCoy said he'd been with the other 3 20th century doctors recently and said none of them had been asked to take part.

Anyone know where we can get a Tardis to make it November already?
if you are really, really keen, then a coma would sort of seem to work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode