Game of Thrones TV Show Question (Spoilers) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-13, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Game of Thrones TV Show Question (Spoilers)

I've kind of read the books, I started to lose interest at a point but I recall the last time I read about Theon was when he was taken at Winterfell. So my question is, what was up with him being "rescued" only to be returned..I really did not get that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-13, 06:53 PM
curtislee's Flag is: Great Britain

I didn't get it either. I don't think they are going to let us in on yet.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-13, 08:52 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Gotta read further into the books to get that one. I skimmed through it, but it is cruel beyond all hell. You'll find out who the "rescuer" really is, and why he did that to Theon later on. Probably next episode or the episode after. Again, it is cruel beyond all hell.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-13, 09:53 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

TV only stuff. The books are much more connected and many things that have happened to Theon in the TV are not present in the books but it's clear who Iwan Rheon is playing and going by the books, things are going to become creepier, gorier, crueller and more depraved for poor Theon Greyjoy as time goes on.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-13, 12:38 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The TV show is pretty terrible. Thatvwas merely to show Reek was a depraved loony, similar to the change to Barristan Selmy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-13, 08:14 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
The TV show is pretty terrible. Thatvwas merely to show Reek was a depraved loony, similar to the change to Barristan Selmy.
Correct me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I read the books, but:

The scenes in the North with Theon, and Winterfell burning have all been a bit confusing to be honest, even to those of us who have read the books. But the guy (see above spoiler for who he really is) who released Theon, only to kill the men trying to recapture Theon, only to then bring him back himself, I believe is being portrayed as he is to portray just how much of a sadistic nutjob he is. I guess we'll have to see how it pans out in the rest of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-13, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

I had my suspicions that it was him, but it seemed totally messed up.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-13, 09:17 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Yeah the show kinda cocked that part up, I've had to explain some of those scenes to friends as they don't make much sense in the context of the TV show. The show seems to be running into a few problems with some of the plot twists as characters that are central to later plots haven't even been introduced yet. The best example is

The guy who lead Theon on his butt-hurt wild goose chase does seem to be

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 11:16 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

@CoTE;

Unless I really messed up my reading comprehension, I began to read them quite quickly, and I never really enjoyed reading Theons parts; he seemed discarded and that was GRRM's way of getting rid of him.

Having not shown (to my recollection) that the idea of the miller boys was Reeks, it needed to show his fucked up nature in some otherway, and what better way than the false release and capture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-13, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
@CoTE;

Unless I really messed up my reading comprehension, I began to read them quite quickly, and I never really enjoyed reading Theons parts; he seemed discarded and that was GRRM's way of getting rid of him.

Having not shown (to my recollection) that the idea of the miller boys was Reeks, it needed to show his fucked up nature in some otherway, and what better way than the false release and capture?

The actor they have for theon's "helper" is pretty good though, he plays weird really well as shown in Misfits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode