Petition to get Andy Whitfield into Madame Tussauds in Sydney - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Petition to get Andy Whitfield into Madame Tussauds in Sydney

I'm sure most Heretics are aware of Andy Whitfield; the actor who played Spartacus in the first season of the TV Series before being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and being forced to pull out of the show. Tragically he lost his battle with the cancer in September of 2011.

There is a petition going to have him immortalised in the Madame Tussaud's in Sydney which personally I think is a great idea. A lot of my film industry friends worked on the first season of Sparty and indeed the following seasons and I have never heard a bad word spoken of the man (which isn't the case normally I can assure you!), even in the last seasons he was still held in very high regard by all the crew. While I personally never had the chance to work with him I have enormous respect for him. He was a firm fan favorite and is one of the main reasons why the first season gained such a following.

And for fucks sake if the likes of One Direction are getting made into statues there needs to be a real man in there to balance out the pure shite that they are.

If any Heretics could take 2 minutes to sign the petition found here that would be fantastic and rep worthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 04:33 AM
Senior Moderator

I don't know exactly when that was put up Jac, but assuming it was by you and shortly before the thread then damn are those signatures coming in. Think I came in around signature 4500, well of the public ones anyway.

And I echo what Jacobite has said, if you have the time then please sign the petition.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
I don't know exactly when that was put up Jac, but assuming it was by you and shortly before the thread then damn are those signatures coming in. Think I came in around signature 4500, well of the public ones anyway.

And I echo what Jacobite has said, if you have the time then please sign the petition.
Na mate I didn't start the petition, it showed up in my news feed on FB from two of the stunties on it. I came in at about 3.6K. Its not doing too badly if it keeps up at 500 an hour.

Cheers for your support.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 06:48 AM
Septok's Flag is: England

+1 signature. Friggin One Direction don't deserve to be there, while Whitfield does. Seriously, the world's going the wrong way.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-13, 08:03 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Done and done, really enjoyed Spartacus and Whitfield is well deserving of the recognition.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode