Matt Smith leaving Dr Who at Xmas! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 01:19 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Do we have any other source confirming this other than the sun newspaper, because you know they mainly print bull shit

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 02:05 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Yeah, I was going to click on that link, but then it's the Sun, and I share bitsandkits' view of that particular paper.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 09:06 PM

VonMarlon's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah true. The BBC have actually responded since then saying that they don't even know what is happening yet with the Christmas episode as it has not been written yet. So its the BBC's word against the Suns.

To quote the Dr.. Hmm tricky one.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-13, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...s-Bond-Villain

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...-as-Doctor-Who

There are another few links, plus I have heard it on Newsbeat on radio one (the entertainment bit normally on Greg's show at about 18.30)

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-13, 07:12 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

I've heard he's staying until 2015...

Mostly tumblr-rooted, so it might not have much truth to it, but I do want him to stay. I'm just finding it so much more interesting, as it's much more light-hearted. I didn't handle much of the stuff with Tennant too well, nor enjoyed a lot. Smith's companions have been very good though, I think.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-13, 07:09 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Do we have any other source confirming this other than the sun newspaper, because you know they mainly print bull shit
the rumours are definately building up momentum,
however that means bugger all when you consider most of the rumours come from the sun and the star

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-13, 09:08 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'm calling bull... We had this last year as well with The Sun and other rags reporting that Matt Smith would leave after the Christmas special, and before that in 2011 the same thing with them reporting he said 'I've only a year left as the Doctor'... Seems to be something they keep trotting out with no actual evidence.

But yeah.. As pointed out, the BBC have said they've not written the Christms special yet, they've been too busy with the 50th anniversary episode.

Matt Smith himself has said 'Its a year by year thing.' and that he'd love to keep playing the Doctor. Hardly quitting.

As for the regeneration thing, The Doctor has always had 12 regenerations. So 13 lives. (First stated as fact in the 4th doctor episode The Deadly Assasin). The Master had used up nearly all his regenerations, which is partly why he was in conflict with The Doctor as he wanted his remaining regenerations for himself.

After Matt Smith, we'll have 2 more Doctors for sure. After that... who knows?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode