Most Misleading Movie Preview Ever. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Most Misleading Movie Preview Ever.

EDIT: And here is a bonus love story about a boy and his shark.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 01-11-13 at 12:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 02:25 PM

Sequere_me_in_Tenebras's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd say Ultramarine's movie was the most leading for a while lol.

Current PhD student at Exeter University - "For the Glory - The Development of Battlefield tactics throughout the Ancient World."

Moments that amused me; Sevatar Prince of Crows

(When running into Alastor Rushal "The Raven" on the Invincible Reason)
"You won't believe how I got here."

(When told that a Commodore has survived an ambush and is now the highest ranking survivor.)
"That makes him the new fleet admiral. Offer him my insincere congratulations on a rank he earned purely by being the last naval officer standing. But what's the bad news?"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 02:29 PM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Are these legitimate trailers? Ok, I just got to the bit in Jaws where the "You're beautiful" song starts......I think igot my answer
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequere_me_in_Tenebras View Post
I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity72 View Post
Are these legitimate trailers? Ok, I just got to the bit in Jaws where the "You're beautiful" song starts......I think igot my answer

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-13, 05:47 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequere_me_in_Tenebras View Post
If you cut out all the walking parts of Ultramarine, you could probably cut out at least half of the movie. Which is a shame because I would love to see an awesome 40K film, except done with DOW2 style animations.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-13, 04:56 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

If you remove the walking scenes the Space Marine movie would be 25 minutes long.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 07:07 AM
Craw-Daddy

Mines were actually this year.

First to Lincoln. I saw the reviews and they were abnormally high. Went to see it, and this must have been the first time in the first 20 minutes of a film where I was like... IM FUCKING BORED! I've never done that and I hate and bash people for doing that. I remember my dad did that once and I got on his case for it. But now, I guess I'm full of shit.

Cloud Atlas was also not the hype. Really pissed I wasted my time. There was some controversy about the film because people just didn't get it, but I got it and I just totally was like... okay... so who the fuck cares? My fault, I knew what I was getting into, so thats why its not the first on my list.

The funny thing is that I can actually watch a bad movie when I'm really bored. Perhaps paint and have it play. Or something of that nature, but these movies would make me kill myself.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 06:59 PM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

The trailer for the movie Valkyrie. I was expecting epic battle sequences of rebel German troops fighting Nazis, but it was a great movie nonetheless.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 07:12 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I went into Contagion thinking it was a zombie movie based on the trailer.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-22-13, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Mines were actually this year.

First to Lincoln. I saw the reviews and they were abnormally high. Went to see it, and this must have been the first time in the first 20 minutes of a film where I was like... IM FUCKING BORED! I've never done that and I hate and bash people for doing that. I remember my dad did that once and I got on his case for it. But now, I guess I'm full of shit.

Cloud Atlas was also not the hype. Really pissed I wasted my time. There was some controversy about the film because people just didn't get it, but I got it and I just totally was like... okay... so who the fuck cares? My fault, I knew what I was getting into, so thats why its not the first on my list.

The funny thing is that I can actually watch a bad movie when I'm really bored. Perhaps paint and have it play. Or something of that nature, but these movies would make me kill myself.
Lol, thing is though those movies if you have not seen them are really good. The Shining is misleading because the person that made the trailer made it seem like it is a family movie full of love and fun when in reality it is a thriller and somewhat scary.

And Jaws of course is about a 20 to 30 foot Great White Shark that terrorizes a small fishing and tourist community but who ever made the trailer would having those not knowing any better thinking it was really about a man and his love for his pet shark.

Not implying that some how you are dense I just did not know if you would have experienced those movies living in the UK. Sometimes things do not get around even as old as those movies are.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode