The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Possible Spoilers) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 07:22 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

It was a great movie, just got back from watching it and really enjoyed it. Martin Freeman was fantastic and the Game of Riddles was easily the highlight of the film for me. 5 Stars, one of the best - if not the best film of 2012 that I've seen. (Out of this, Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and The Avengers.

And it's also maybe the first film that I've seen since possibly Avatar that really looked great in 3D. Although I didn't like Avatar, it did look visually great though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 07:30 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
And it's also maybe the first film that I've seen since possibly Avatar that really looked great in 3D. Although I didn't like Avatar, it did look visually great though.
Agreed on both points.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I liked the mentioning of the blue blue wizards, I believe everything to do with Radagast and Dol Guldar was part of the lord of the rings appendices, although I may be wrong.

and...extreme spoilers

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 10:01 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

@words. Nope those spoilers you mentioned are in the book, it hasn't been added by PJ. And was a bit of running joke as well.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 10:02 PM
Craw-Daddy

It was pretty good. I was surprised I wasn't bored at all. Based on the fact that the Return of the King was awesome I can't imagine how the third one in this trilogy will turn out, and I can't wait,

PATIENCE! PATIENCE MY LOVE!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
@words. Nope those spoilers you mentioned are in the book, it hasn't been added by PJ. And was a bit of running joke as well.
Really? I can't remember it, guess I should read it again myself heh.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-12, 11:03 PM

Dīnadan's Flag is: Wales

To be honest, I found the film fairly disapointing, but that could be because I fall on the 'purist' side of the fence. As a Fantasy film, it was very good, but as an adaptation I felt like it fell short. That said, some of it is probably down to personal taste. Because I'm lazy, I'll just copy & paste a review I wrote on another site, rather than trying to remember all the pros and cons off hand:

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-12, 02:33 AM

cheeto's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Really? I can't remember it, guess I should read it again myself heh.
For realz. That part I remembered and it was that part which is kinda frustrating when you consider all things... The eagles did what they did in The Hobbit, and then the hobbits in LotR... so why didn't they just fly the one ring into Mt Doom in the first place haha

Last edited by cheeto; 12-16-12 at 02:57 AM.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-12, 08:31 AM
Craw-Daddy

@Dinadan.

I'm surprised by your reaction towards the film. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was very bouncy with the original plots in the novel, if you refer to accuracy. The ork warlord in my opinion was actually pretty badass. At least my opinion. He looked more badass than the orks that walk around like they're old men.

The goblins were kind of childish to be honest. I will agree with you there. They didn't have that scary look. Something really bothered me about the Dwarves. I don't know what exactly, its between not really looking dwarfish and maybe as you said, to get the girls excited. Completely different from Gimili. The biggest dissapointment for me was Radagast the Brown. He looked like a Christmas elf that crapped on himself.

Otherwise, I think they improved the quality of the film in the sense that it didn't have long boring scenes. I was upset about the rating of the film on IMDB. I think its unfair because it obviously has a longer story to it. That pisses me off that Twilight can get away with that crap.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-12, 08:37 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I just finished watching it about 3 hours ago and I thought it was fantastic. I love the dialog tweaks and I throughly enjoyed the pacing on this. I for one would say it was on par with The Fellowship of the Ring.

Ck, IMDB is a joke, so it's K.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode