Disney Presents: Star Wars Episode VII - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 07:49 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/1...from-the-ashes

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! Darth Maul was bad enough but Vader resurrected?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

LotN
Its bollocks made up by a british tabloid newspaper to sell more papers, how would a british tabloid news paper get the inside scoop about the return of vader ?

and for the record the clone wars is a excellent animated series, much of the writing done for clone wars is better than many of the movies, it also really compliments the films and fleshes out many of the movie characters and also makes Anakins fall to the dark side make far more sense.

Darth maul returning in clone wars was great, he is the second most underused star wars villain of all time after Fett, so it was good to give him a second run out.

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 03:15 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

There's a ton of books going on from the end of Jedi, I wonder whether the directors will look to that to further the series or just remake the original three. I would absolutely love to see, say, the Rouge Squadron books made reality. Luke going on to reform the Jedi Academy and Han and Leia's children in it. Good times to be had, with all luck...if nothing else there's no way I can be more disappointed than when I saw Jar Jar for the first time, or witnessed the amazing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in e3 by our young Vader. Hell. Maybe Disney will f*$@ing release the original three movies WITHOUT the damn added in effects that Lucas did before e01-03 came out.

Actually, I wonder which will come first: the original three Star Wars movies sans edited in graphics or new Sisters of Battle models?
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
And for the record the clone wars is a excellent animated series, much of the writing done for clone wars is better than many of the movies, it also really compliments the films and fleshes out many of the movie characters and also makes Anakins fall to the dark side make far more sense.
The cartoon series is garbage that gives Anakin a padawan more annoying than he is, turns General Grievous from a badass jedi-killer into an incompetent moron who can't even beat said annoying padawan, the Separatists into walking punchlines that fizzle and just make you want to shake your head, it retcons comics and books to make new episodes of the week, it's worthless Mortis storyline was shoved into Fate of the Jedi and turned a bad series into an abysmal one, it made those godawful Fakedalorians and turned the terrorist group the Death Watch into the only real warrior Mandos around, and turns the Clones from an impressive and sympathetic army into a bunch of rough tough commando stereotypes that paint women on their ships and dye their hair, and it took young Boba Fett and turned him from an aspiring badass into a whiny brat that can't last a few seconds in a fight.

The only good thing that the series has done, the one good thing, is Cad Bane. He is awesome. Other then that the series is horrible and should end immediately and have everything in it except Cad Bane be declared non-canon.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 04:29 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
The cartoon series is garbage that gives Anakin a padawan more annoying than he is, turns General Grievous from a badass jedi-killer into an incompetent moron who can't even beat said annoying padawan, the Separatists into walking punchlines that fizzle and just make you want to shake your head, it retcons comics and books to make new episodes of the week, it's worthless Mortis storyline was shoved into Fate of the Jedi and turned a bad series into an abysmal one, it made those godawful Fakedalorians and turned the terrorist group the Death Watch into the only real warrior Mandos around, and turns the Clones from an impressive and sympathetic army into a bunch of rough tough commando stereotypes that paint women on their ships and dye their hair, and it took young Boba Fett and turned him from an aspiring badass into a whiny brat that can't last a few seconds in a fight.

The only good thing that the series has done, the one good thing, is Cad Bane. He is awesome. Other then that the series is horrible and should end immediately and have everything in it except Cad Bane be declared non-canon.

LotN
In that case your opinion is shit.

The Clone Wars is awesome, and redeems a lot of the failures performed in the prequel trilogy. Some of the episodes are shit, but mostly the quality is far above that of the two first prequels and the majority of the comics and books from that era. Retcon all they want, since they are doing it well.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
In that case your opinion is shit.

The Clone Wars is awesome, and redeems a lot of the failures performed in the prequel trilogy. Some of the episodes are shit, but mostly the quality is far above that of the two first prequels and the majority of the comics and books from that era. Retcon all they want, since they are doing it well.
In your opinion,

The quality of an episode is entertaining. It's the wider picture, the lore and characters and tone and other such things that make the cartoon series abysmal. I have occasionally tried to watch an episode in which something big happened, and I can't help but cringe whenever the Battle Droids speak or do anything, shake my head when Grievous gets involved or sneer when Ashoka is on screen. The Fakedalorians make me sick to my stomach, the insult that it does to Abel G. Pena and Karen Traviss's work is mortifying.

And the retcons are just mind-blowing; the entire comic Obsession is now non-canon and that series contained Grievous's first Jedi Council member kill, Asajj Ventress's final appearance and quite a few other cool things, and now to have that Jedi Council member die by Savage Oppress and Ventress stick around as a random bounty hunter it has all been done away with. The Coruscant Nights series has been messed up as it's protagonist was trained by the Jedi Master who dies in The Citadel episode and I have read that LucasArts is planning to re-release the first novel, Jedi Twilight, to revise those changes meaning everyone who owns it must now rebuy the book. Karen Traviss's epic Republic Commando series was cancelled because of the Fakedalorians and the absolute mistake that was Darth Maul surviving being bisected and returning to plague the galaxy is just shudder-inducing. And it adds more Jar Jar Binks, which is nearly as bad.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 07:46 PM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

...The story is already done for after the movies there is no Vader coming back........The Emperor on the other hand........... IF they changed that i think i would have to say "fuck Star Wars"
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
...The story is already done for after the movies there is no Vader coming back........The Emperor on the other hand........... IF they changed that i think i would have to say "fuck Star Wars"
The Emperor did come back in the EU but it was well done. And his ultimate fate was very cool.

LotN

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode