Disney Presents: Star Wars Episode VII - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-12, 08:44 PM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
What, the films that's the most successful of all time almost grossing twice what the third placed film has (I say third place because second is also his...)
Twitlight was successful, but that doesn't make it good. Serenity bombed, but it was terrific.

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-12, 09:31 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

That movie was a brilliant blend of action and romance, also the BEST 3D movie to date. I am buying a 3d tv specifically for that movie. Cameron has made over 3 billion dollars on 2 movies. He would be my second one choice of director for SW7, behind Joss.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-11-12, 09:53 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldkiller View Post
Twitlight was successful, but that doesn't make it good. Serenity bombed, but it was terrific.
But that's just your personal opinion. My wife LOVES the twilight films. I think citizen Kane is terribly boring, but it's one of the top films in all lists.

The only independent measure of how good the populace as a whole think something is, is the box office gross (possible compared to the budget).

Avatar was a massive success, even if you factor in the additional cost of 3d. Titanic was an enormous success, even without 3d.

The irony of all my posts on this subject is the last film that James Cameron did that I actually like was aliens.

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
My wife LOVES the twilight films.
Twilight ruined vampires. It ruined them.

I have read that the new films will be an original story and will not be connected to the books, games or anything Post-Endor that is already out. So we'll have to wait to find out more before we can judge the plot since we have no idea what it could be.

I swear to hell though if they do what that crappy Clone Wars cartoon has done and start declaring comics and books non-canon I will abandon everything Star Wars that doesn't have The Old Republic in it's title.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 08:41 AM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Twilight ruined vampires. It ruined them.

I have read that the new films will be an original story and will not be connected to the books, games or anything Post-Endor that is already out. So we'll have to wait to find out more before we can judge the plot since we have no idea what it could be.

I swear to hell though if they do what that crappy Clone Wars cartoon has done and start declaring comics and books non-canon I will abandon everything Star Wars that doesn't have The Old Republic in it's title.

LotN
I heard it was going to be an old republic film that will invalidate everything currently in cannon appart from the computer game.

Runs for it.....

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/1...from-the-ashes

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! Darth Maul was bad enough but Vader resurrected?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 05:42 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

1. Darth Maul was resurrected? When the hell did that happen?

2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc View Post
1. Darth Maul was resurrected? When the hell did that happen?

2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO
The animated abortion they call The Clone Wars. Turns out he also has a brother named Savage Oppress and when Maul escaped Naboo he found his way to a junk planet and got spider legs like Sarpedon, only Maul's were robotic.

LotN

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 05:57 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Ah, never watched the animated series... seems a good thing

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 08:59 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode