Teenage Mutant Ninja....Aliens? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja....Aliens?

fuck you Micheal Bay!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 12:38 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Anything else to add to this as I haven't got the vaguest idea what you're on about?

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 01:19 AM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Anything else to add to this as I haven't got the vaguest idea what you're on about?
In the planned live-action (I think?) Michael Bay TMNT movie, he intended to change their origins from radioactive waste spilling onto sewer turtles into them being aliens from another planet. It defies the whole basis of their origins and even the name Teenage "Mutant" Ninja "Turtles". This caused massive amounts of rage in fans.

I thought they cancelled the movie though? Or was that just some random rumor.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
I thought they cancelled the movie though? Or was that just some random rumor.
About as random and baseless, I imagine, as the rumour that Bay is changing the origin story of the turtles.

Quote:
he intended to change their origins from radioactive waste spilling onto sewer turtles into them being aliens from another planet.
Bay made a comment that they were considering giving the 'Ninja Turtles' (that being the title so that they could make them older or vary their ages to give a different level of depth to the turtles) an alien origin.

The problem is that other than those live action movies some of us grew up with, the TMNT's already have an alien origin.

Quote:
It defies the whole basis of their origins and even the name Teenage "Mutant" Ninja "Turtles". This caused massive amounts of rage in fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Winters
fuck you Micheal Bay!!!
You guys need to do a bit more research before jumping to conclusions.

The turtles became what they did through exposure to the ooze. In the comics, where all of this stuff originates, the ooze is a creation of the Utroms who are, in fact, an alien race.

The ninja turtles were exposed to an alien mutagen that turned them into anthropomorphic beings who were later trained in martial arts. With the exception of the move 'Secret of the Ooze' (which gave the ooze a human origin) the turtles have always had an alien origin.

The big difference is that Bay hinted towards the fact that the ninja turtles in the movie that he, amongst others, is producing may not have an alien origin that is simply them exposed to a by-product of some aliens.

I for one, will judge the movie based on what I see, not on something a producer uses as a teaser for a movie in which he/she is not a script-writer for.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 05:07 AM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
About as random and baseless, I imagine, as the rumour that Bay is changing the origin story of the turtles.

Bay made a comment that they were considering giving the 'Ninja Turtles' (that being the title so that they could make them older or vary their ages to give a different level of depth to the turtles) an alien origin.

The problem is that other than those live action movies some of us grew up with, the TMNT's already have an alien origin.

You guys need to do a bit more research before jumping to conclusions.

The turtles became what they did through exposure to the ooze. In the comics, where all of this stuff originates, the ooze is a creation of the Utroms who are, in fact, an alien race.

The ninja turtles were exposed to an alien mutagen that turned them into anthropomorphic beings who were later trained in martial arts. With the exception of the move 'Secret of the Ooze' (which gave the ooze a human origin) the turtles have always had an alien origin.

The big difference is that Bay hinted towards the fact that the ninja turtles in the movie that he, amongst others, is producing may not have an alien origin that is simply them exposed to a by-product of some aliens.

I for one, will judge the movie based on what I see, not on something a producer uses as a teaser for a movie in which he/she is not a script-writer for.
Sorry about that then. Was working off of what I've been told before, as the series itself was before my time. Thanks for the correction

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Sorry about that then. Was working off of what I've been told before, as the series itself was before my time. Thanks for the correction
Damn I feel old now. Thanks

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-12, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

regardless, I hate Micheal Bay
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 12:21 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Michael Bay needs to stay the fuck away from any 80s iconic TV show. Also darkreever your logic is flawed. The ooze maybe alien in nature but that does not make the turtles 'aliens'. If a human was hit by an alien ray beam and grew an extra arm, he suddenly would not be an alien. They were mutated by the ooze, to remove or change this would be screwing with the basic cannon on the turtles and should not be allowed to happen.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 01:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
If a human was hit by an alien ray beam and grew an extra arm, he suddenly would not be an alien.
But the origin of said mutated person came from aliens, meaning that his origin story of how he came to be a human with three arms is an alien one.

My point with the ninja turtles is simply that people are pissing and moaning about a change that may or may not happen. Bay mentioned that he and others talked about it, and considering he is only one of the producers (rather than a writer or director who may have more control over the script) that shouldnt be near enough to get the amount of anger hurled at him (dont get me wrong, when the guy does something to earn it he deserves every bit of it.)

If this happens, the ninja turtles simply go from earth turtles who were mutated by an alien compound to alien turtle-like creatures who come to earth. Not that much of a difference in my opinion, and certainly not one that is going to ruffle my feathers.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 10:39 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Sorry but even talking about Middle-Aged Alien Ninja Turtle is enough to irritate me after the shit job he did with Transformers. Next we will hear that he is rebooting GI Joe, MASK, Voltron, etc with MORH BOOMBOOMS.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode