Breaking Bad-Who's watching it? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Default Breaking Bad-Who's watching it?

Started watching it on Netflix about a month before Season 5 started premiering, been keeping up with it ever since. As the show is near it's end, anyone have any theories on how it will end? I believe we have two more episodes left (though I may be wrong.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Just realized this was posted in the wrong section. Sorry about that, moving it to the right place now.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 03:36 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

There are two more episodes before they take a break for this season; the second half of season 5 will come on in like six months.

Walter White is in a whole world of shit-- the premise of the show is that the quiet nice guy becomes Scarface. I have a feeling he's going to get smoked (possibly by Jesse and Mike) at the very end. Or maybe Skyler will shoot him, or Hank, or... anybody, honestly. Somebody close to him will kill him. I'd put money on it.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 04:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
I have a feeling he's going to get smoked (possibly by Jesse and Mike) at the very end.
I went into this season hoping that things would come down to a showdown between Walter and Jesse, and hopefully what we saw early in the season is some indication of that.

Personally, I have long since stopped being on Walts side and want to see Jesse finally come out, not on top, but with the chance to get out of all of this. He's the one I want to see 'win' in the end.

Walts intentions were noble, but he has long since fallen into the Eisenhorn syndrome. Where you make several small compromises in order to achieve the greater good, and then down the road they come back to bite you in the ass and damn you for all time. Walter cannot, will not stop, and its going beyond the bounds of what he originally set out to do. (He has the means to achieve that now, but refuses to quit. Though I did find myself agreeing with him [somewhat] on the buyout stuff.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
I went into this season hoping that things would come down to a showdown between Walter and Jesse, and hopefully what we saw early in the season is some indication of that.

Personally, I have long since stopped being on Walts side and want to see Jesse finally come out, not on top, but with the chance to get out of all of this. He's the one I want to see 'win' in the end.

Walts intentions were noble, but he has long since fallen into the Eisenhorn syndrome. Where you make several small compromises in order to achieve the greater good, and then down the road they come back to bite you in the ass and damn you for all time. Walter cannot, will not stop, and its going beyond the bounds of what he originally set out to do. (He has the means to achieve that now, but refuses to quit. Though I did find myself agreeing with him [somewhat] on the buyout stuff.)
I agree completely, with one addition- I want Mike to be able to finally get out too. The scenes with him and his granddaughter are always nice to watch and he's shown he wants out already. He seems like a good guy with a bad job. In the meantime though I'll be watching with enthusiasm

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-12, 01:10 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

I've finished first four seasons little before start of 5th also. Now i'm waiting for this half of season ends before I watch it, I don't like to wait for new episode whole week, so I rarely follow shows regularly.

And I also completely agree with things written above.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-12, 03:05 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

If you guys haven't seen the latest episode, well, you are in for a shocker! I will not spoil it, that would be rude.

I just want to see why Walt bought an M60 with two cans of ammo in the 5th season opener. Looks like all out war! But against who?
Hank and the DEA? Walt isn't that dumb.
Mike? Well, not going to spoil that, but no, not Mike.
Saul Goodman? No chance, too chicken shit to go toe to toe with Walt.
Jesse? No, too much respect there.
The wife and her paralyzed boyfriend? An M60 would be a bit overkill for them, so, no.
Other "rival" drug lord? Hummmmmm...

With the way the show is, I do not think Walt is going to get killed, that is too easy. No, he is going to have to live with himself and his actions. That will be the real punishment. Everyone else may die, and by Walt's hand too, but he is going to either get away or go to prison, but not dead. There will be a, "What have I done" moment where Walt's regrets and sins come back to crush him, but from what I think, he will be the last man standing, albeit, completely alone.

Gotta say that I am sad to see the show come to an end. It has been one of my top 3 shows of all time. Sons of Anarchy ending also pisses me off, but I digress. Breaking Bad really is one of the perfect storms of a tv show. Not too often does a show with this much character development, actor ability, script writing and overall depth come around.

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 08-28-12 at 03:12 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

I completely agree with what's said above. Though I will say(without spoiling anything) that I just watched the latest episode...really good one. Loved Walt's regret, and the whole episode was beautifully done, even if some of the stuff in it crushes part of my hopes Can't wait for more of this show.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
Loved Walt's regret,
I was actually disgusted by that moment, because to me it wasn't so much regret as 'oh shit, sorry I over-reacted. I forgot there was another option.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Jesse? No, too much respect there.
After the events of buyout and say my name, I think when Jesse learns what Walt did he will be pushed far enough to be willing to kill Walt. Walt has no qualms with murder, he has made this more than clear time and again, and he leaves a trail of destruction in the wake of his actions.

Jesse, on the other hand, is a [relatively] good guy who wants out but ultimately knows quite a bit. And adding to the fact that he is the best meth cook in the country (while his cooking is as good as Walt's, he can do that work with less than a years training while Walt has worked with chemistry all his life. There was a gap of ability Jesse clearly closed in a very short amount of time.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
No, he is going to have to live with himself and his actions. That will be the real punishment.
For as little time as that might be, considering it looked like his cancer had returned.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
I was actually disgusted by that moment, because to me it wasn't so much regret as 'oh shit, sorry I over-reacted. I forgot there was another option.'
I agree that that's probably a better description of his reaction, but to me it seemed like he was actually showing some real shock(that hasn't been coupled with outrage) and at least some form of regret, however small. To me it seems like something that hasn't been shown by him in a while so it was interesting to see that. To each his own though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode