Breaking Bad-Who's watching it? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 01:36 PM

What I really liked about the last episode was the first 5 minutes. That was some of the best writing in the show's history. To have Walt come from the timid chemistry teacher to that point is a pretty radical change. I think it shows the amount of major changes that his psyche is going through.

As for the ultimate ending....

I feel like almost everyone will die (including Walt). I would exclude Walt's kids, Hank and his wife, and Skyler from that. However, I would not be suprised if it is Skyler that ultimately does him in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-12, 02:36 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post

After the events of buyout and say my name, I think when Jesse learns what Walt did he will be pushed far enough to be willing to kill Walt. Walt has no qualms with murder, he has made this more than clear time and again, and he leaves a trail of destruction in the wake of his actions.

For as little time as that might be, considering it looked like his cancer had returned.
Oh I know Walt can and will kill and has zero morals about murder, look how he handled the dirt bike kid, but he doesn't need an M60 and hundreds of rounds of ammo for Jesse. No, if he were to kill Jesse, it would not be with a machine gun. Jesse would murder Walt for what he did to his girlfriends son, no doubt. But, Walt still wouldn't need an M60 to take on Jesse. So the M60 isn't for Jesse as far as I can figure.

So, my theory is that Walt's new connections get in his way of his desire to be the main and only meth lord around, and he goes to war with them like he did Fring. I do see Jesse coming out of all of this clean. Hell, he may rise from the ashes of Walt's epic meltdown and become the new meth lord. He has the skills and the equipment.

From what I can gather, Walt goes after Mikes people in prison. Those guys will turn now that the money is gone. Walt will have to go after them. Maybe he will use Lydia and the list of names she has. After all, she put out hits on them and failed. Walt can get it done now. So that cleans up any past connections and can cut of the trail the DEA is following.

As for Walt having cancer again, that is a possibility, but with only a few episodes left, I don't think there is enough time to let that be a factor in how it all ends. Plus, that is too easy for the writers to fall back on. I give them far more credit than that. Walt's cancer shouldn't be a factor, it doesn't have enough time to play out.

Either way, this show is non stop awesome and leaves so many openings to so many possibilities that it is really anyone's guess as to how all this pans out. Can't wait to see!

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 08-29-12 at 02:51 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 01:39 AM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Man, I loved Mike so was sad to see him get killed by Walter.

Walter has completely changed now for the worse - he has become consumed by greed and it has nothing to do with supporting his family anymore. Skyler hates him and literately wants him dead. He never sees his daughter or son anymore after they were 'sent away' to live with uncle Hank.
So with nothing left to lose and bitter memories of how he lost out big time in the past by selling his shares too early in a hugely successful chemical research company, he has something to prove to himself and the world: He wants to be somebody with supreme power, and cares less and less about who he kills to get there.

I actually blame Skyler for most of this - if she was more supportive and less of a total square Walter might still have some morality left in himself!

Has it been confirmed this is the last season? If it has, then I doubt the cancer will come back. If it's not then i'd say it's a strong possibility he will, since it will add even more twists to the story arch (best story archs since Battlestar Galactica imo).

Either way, I can see Hank eventually finding out Walt is 'Hisenberg', and then god knows what will happen. I can't see Hank arresting or killing Walter, but that said, Hank is your typical brainwashed DEA agent, so there may be a climax where one of them gets killed.

I think Jessie has become the most moral guy over time, when in the beginning it was Walter who claimed the moral highground, being a 'family man' and all that bullshit. Well, the roles have completely reversed. Jessie has grown through getting the crap beaten out of him constantly, seeing kids dying and dealing with drug addiction and the death of his ex-gf.
I think ultimately he wont be able to kill Walter for his share of the money, because of everything they've been through together and because he knows if he does he is no better than Walter. Will he get tempted back into cooking? I'm not sure, I think it will go somewhere else. Possibly they could even start competing - Jessie is just as good a cook now as Walter.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken's_Fist View Post
Man, I loved Mike so was sad to see him get killed by Walter.

Walter has completely changed now for the worse - he has become consumed by greed and it has nothing to do with supporting his family anymore. Skyler hates him and literately wants him dead. He never sees his daughter or son anymore after they were 'sent away' to live with uncle Hank.
So with nothing left to lose and bitter memories of how he lost out big time in the past by selling his shares too early in a hugely successful chemical research company, he has something to prove to himself and the world: He wants to be somebody with supreme power, and cares less and less about who he kills to get there.

I actually blame Skyler for most of this - if she was more supportive and less of a total square Walter might still have some morality left in himself!

Has it been confirmed this is the last season? If it has, then I doubt the cancer will come back. If it's not then i'd say it's a strong possibility he will, since it will add even more twists to the story arch (best story archs since Battlestar Galactica imo).

Either way, I can see Hank eventually finding out Walt is 'Hisenberg', and then god knows what will happen. I can't see Hank arresting or killing Walter, but that said, Hank is your typical brainwashed DEA agent, so there may be a climax where one of them gets killed.

I think Jessie has become the most moral guy over time, when in the beginning it was Walter who claimed the moral highground, being a 'family man' and all that bullshit. Well, the roles have completely reversed. Jessie has grown through getting the crap beaten out of him constantly, seeing kids dying and dealing with drug addiction and the death of his ex-gf.
I think ultimately he wont be able to kill Walter for his share of the money, because of everything they've been through together and because he knows if he does he is no better than Walter. Will he get tempted back into cooking? I'm not sure, I think it will go somewhere else. Possibly they could even start competing - Jessie is just as good a cook now as Walter.
It has been confirmed that this is the last season.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 04:50 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Oh fuck me sideways, that mid season cliffhanger episode was something else! The last horse finally crossed the finish line!

FAT STACKS, YO!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 12:30 PM

I haven't seen it yet as I am in the UK, so will watch it tonight with my wife!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 07:58 PM

**Spoiler Alert***

Yep, that was an awesome cliff hanger! Kinda expected he would find out eventually!

What the hell is Hank gonna do now he knows? Is he just gonna walk out of the bathroom and call for back up and arrest Walter? I have a feeling he will say nothing at first, but then confront him later. Then what? Walter is out of the business, but he is going to have to talk Hank into being quiet (possibly with a bribe) or kill him.

Shame we have to wait until next year to find out!

What are we going to watch in the meantime? I may have to break out the Battlestar Galactica DVDS again, cos that's the only show that has come close in story arcs and cliffhangers!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode