No Spiderman for Avengers 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Default No Spiderman for Avengers 2

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34576

Quote:
Following on from the world premiere screening of Marvel’s new post-Avengers short, Item 47 in San Diego last night, there was a brief Q&A with the film’s director, Marvel co-president Louis D’Esposito and some of his cast and crew. Fans lined up to ask questions about various topics, including the construction of the titular weapon’s prop. But talk naturally turned to the future of the Avengers, with one very definite statement made: don’t expect to see Spider-Man in a future Avengers films.

Yes, while the company has usually hedged its bets or demurred in the past, this time the answer was a little more definitive, at least for the foreseeable future and certainly while the rights to Peter Parker, currently portrayed on screen by Andrew Garfield, are held by Sony.

But while that might have been disappointing for some in the audience, there was a much more positive reaction to a question about a topic most here at the convention expect to be answered come Saturday’s panel for Iron Man 3: Ant-Man. While D’Esposito and his team didn’t give away anything certain, Q&A moderator Anthony Breznican did drop word that we should “wait until tomorrow.”

So there you have it. Our money is still on Hot Fuzz / Scott Pilgrim director Edgar Wright making a surprise appearance to announce the official green light for Ant-Man (even if it’ll have to wait while he shoots The World’s End), plus word on other potential future Marvel movies, including Guardians Of The Galaxy and Black Panther.

Empire will of course be in Hall H for the panel tomorrow, so watch this space. Or another space on the site. One that will have a story about whatever Marvel announces...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 09:58 AM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Thanks for sharing, although I've know since long before the first avengers was out that Spidey wouldn't make an appearance.

However, If I was sony, having seen the sheer amount of money avengers made. I'd think about maybe agree to let spider-man in on the fun for a percentage. After all, it would make sony money practically for nothing becuase they could just let marvel pay Garfield's wages. And I'm pretty sure it would bring more people to the screen. I would sex wee everywhere if Spider-man was in an avengers film. I'd see it a dozen times just to help fund it!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 12:13 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

As long as Fox keeps making movies with the name Spiderman or Xmen in the title they own the movie rights to both. So you will not see either of those lines in any Marvel movie anytime soon.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 12:15 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
As long as Fox keeps making movies with the name Spiderman or Xmen in the title they own the movie rights to both. So you will not see either of those lines in any Marvel movie anytime soon.
Sony has the rights to Spiderman

Ant man is as good as 'coming soon', apparently they have shot test footage and everything. Really like Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish, so i am pretty jazzed for this film.

They also made mention to Thor 2, Cap'n Americano 2: wintersoldier(!) and a guardians of the galaxy movie....

Iron man 3 is very likley to feature extremis, and mandarin is confirmed.

Good news all round i think.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 09:22 AM

Kegoha's Flag is: China

It will be rediculous if spiderman is always in the Avengers

"Men are moved by only two levers: fear and self interest."

craft mask

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode