Amazing Spiderman, Anyone seen it yet? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-12, 10:10 AM

Kegoha's Flag is: China

Have seen the film yet. I may go to cinema some time

"Men are moved by only two levers: fear and self interest."

craft mask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-12, 12:41 PM
Feed

meh, I didn't pick up on the cane thing at all really.

And as for the wires, I wasn't paying close enough attention at the time, it just occurred to me afterwards.

When I get the bluray or whatever I'll check it more closely.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 05:56 PM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

I saw it years ago when Sam Raimi did it. That was good enough for me.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 11:48 PM

Whe this movie was over, my 10 year old turned to me and said "I even liked Spiderman 3 better than that." That summed it up for me as well. I hated Spiderman 3 and believe if Sam Rami was left to make the movie he wanted to all would be well. Instead they tell him he will have no say in a fourth movie and he walks. Good decision on his part.

Andrew Garfield is apparently an amazing actor because he did the impossible and made me not like Spiderman. Spidey could have been shot by a random robber and I would have cared less. Give me meek Spiderman any day over the incosiderate jerk who treats everyone like crap and deserves to be a loner. I thought he was poorly written and terribly acted.

I can't say much about the Lizard because I didn't care, he did nothing for me. Gwen was hot because it is Emma stone. But how did she go from not really knowing who he was to in love with him overnight. I think this should have been slow played. Uncle Ben and Aunt May seemed wrong in every way. Dennis Leary was way better than I expected.

Why do and alter the whole origin story? 90% or more of the people going tot his movie knew the origin, why do it again? And if you are going to do it, why didn't Uncle Ben say the words? Everyone knows the words. Nope just gonna have him ramble on like an idiot saying something similar but not nearly as meaningful.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-12, 09:21 AM

I finally saw this on the weekend. If you liked spiderman 1,2,3 then you'll like this. I'dve preferred a hulk style intro - where the origins/backstory is in the openng credits, then we get a new film rather than a new origins story. I didn't feel the lizard was 'lizardy' enough. I liked the cartoon one with the snout.
Overall, I've seen worse. I might buy this cheap on dvd after it comes out, but it's not going to talk me into a blue ray.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode