Movie: Prometheus. - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Television and Movies Discuss TV, Movies, Sitcoms and anything else related here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 03:18 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Freak220 View Post
I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist and I believe that 'the powers that be', the elite, the shadow governemnt, whatever you want to call them hide truth in plain sight for various reasons. I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what I've heard and have seen the premise parallels the ancient alien theories. Can anyone familiar with the ancient alien stuff confirm or deny this?
To confirm would be to admit that the ancient alien stuff is real, and therefore to admit that human beings really are that fucking stupid..... so no.

It was a decent flick, but I can't say I wouldn't pick it up on DVD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 05:13 AM

Zer0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just saw it tonight. Too tired to make any decent comments, but I left the theatre happy.
post #53 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 03:25 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

It confused the hell out of me, when trying to piece it together with Alien etc.

1. What was the giant human doing at the beginning, laying the seeds for humans or committing suicide?

2. How did the little drop david gave to the guy scientist end up turning turning into a squid and then an alien.

3. The alien ship wasn't the ship from alien because in alien the pilot was in the seat and the pilot of this one died in the life craft. So how did that other alien ship end up on that other planet, freak accident that they both ended up being taken over by aliens?

There's more but I only just got in and still wrapping my head around it all.

Edit: Oh why didn't charlize theron roll to the side or run to the side like shaw did, kind of facepalmed at that.

Oh also if you didn't stay til the end there is a link to a mock weyland industries site.

http://www.weylandindustries.com/timeline

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 06-09-12 at 03:29 PM.
post #54 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 03:42 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I normally understand plots to films, even horrendously complicated ones... unlike one of my friends (when I had to explain the storyline of Eric Bana's Hulk I knew he'd hit a new low), but this was just silly.
I'm quite willing to just sit there and watch cool things happen... but if they try and make a complex plot the least it could do is make sense.

... but I still think it a good film

post #55 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 03:59 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I dunno if there's going to be a sequel, the ending reminded me of mission to mars lol. Although this movie was part of the same Alien universe, it didn't really mesh very much, I'd like a true prequel or maybe divergent story to take it elsewhere but I have the feeling they won't do that.
post #56 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 04:49 PM

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

I felt, rather than it not tying in well with the previous Alien movies it cracked the whole universe wide open. There's no reason why the events in Prometheus wouldn't tie in with the original movie. It's the classic principle of life (and science), you manage to solve one question and rather than that being the answer, you're faced with many more questions. (That's why I found the dude archaeologist/scientist utterly annoying, he didn't seem to be a scientist, just some dude along for the ride)

Serious potential for spoilarage, you have been warned ;

That's the thing about special films, they don't necessarily need to spoon feed you the answers. They don't even need to angle towards a blatant sequel by only leaving two or three questions unanswered which can be tied up neatly in part two. If the world that the film is set in is solid enough then the plot almost becomes secondary to the whole experience, that's exactly what Lucas did with Star Wars, and what Cameron's achieved with this.

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!
post #57 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 04:55 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

The bits of the story that make sense are epic, its the disappointment that not all of it is like that which bites.

Personally my guess is that humans are just a foods source to feed their growing bioweapons projects... otherwise why would our 'star maps' lead back to the military base and not the engineer's home planet (or at least some sort of governed colony).

post #58 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 05:57 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

I can also heartily recommend the soundtrack by Marc Streitenfeld, it leapt out at me during the film (not least for the nice touch of referencing one of the main themes from the original 'Alien' soundtrack very briefly during the video message from Mr. Weyland) and my CD of it arrived yesterday. Fun stuff, and very atmospheric.

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
post #59 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 05:14 PM

RedThirstWill Destroy's Flag is: England

Well I must say having watched it. It was mmmmmm ok, at the most, it didn't realy tie into the alien series as the way it ended was to out from the original Alien. I can't see a sequel being made as there is no real direction to take on that. However if there is a sequel I would probably still go and see it just to see where they go.

All in all I felt the film was more of a teaser than an outright film especially for the cult that Scott has returned too, I was more surprised that certain parts where too out from Alien especially considering he directed it.
post #60 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-12, 06:25 PM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

I think this is a pretty good article that gives a whole new view on the film. I really wish I had analyzed it as much as this guy. http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Television and Movies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode